Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys before i go boosting the little D, I think i would rather build the internals to handle the boost.
So i have the JDM D15B and i will be pushing air via a T25Turbo from a Nissan S13. What brand and pistons do i buy for my D15B engine?

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
vitara's seem to be pretty damn good. And for rods FJ or eagle. Or you could search the 87345893475894 turbo build threads, they have tons of answers for your questions.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are some part numbers of the pistons and rods that would work on my car? I want to search for them and do some reading, as i dont know what the hell to buy.

·
Registered
eg9
344 Posts
yep fj makes custom length rods that brings vitaras up to stock compression levels on jdm d15b vtec

anything else and you'll have like 7:1 compression

·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
The d15b block + eagle/vitara the pistons will sit above deck height.

You have to use custom rods for the jdm d15b.

You also cant use the d16z6 main bearings. You have to use the d15b7 ones.

Im building a jdm d15b as we speak (well not right right now lol)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. "newsolTSC" Good luck with the project, i to want to make some good power and not be afraid to turn up the boost. When my time comes to build the engine i will PM you for some more insight, if thats fine with you.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
You CAN use vitaras with eagle rods in a JDM D15B using a thick cometic headgasket. C'mon guys this has been covered 100000000000 times on at least 4 different sites.

Do we need a separate section for the D15B here like the DOHC ZC?

·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
That is fine.

It's true, you use a thicker head gasket for the eagle/vitara setup.

But you can also use the oem head gasket and custom rods. I think doing it this way is cheaper. Plus you have the option of I beams or H beams (like the eagle)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
you only need the thicker HG on a Y8 head with closed chambers

Vitaras stick out about .018" in a D15B, my P29's stick out A LOT further!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
You CAN use vitaras with eagle rods in a JDM D15B using a thick cometic headgasket. C'mon guys this has been covered 100000000000 times on at least 4 different sites.

Do we need a separate section for the D15B here like the DOHC ZC?
YES! =)

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
an alternative to forged rods is the much liked, but no so commonly known "ceramic dip" there is a company that sells a mixture of a clay (the clay comes from Greece somewhere) and carbon/epoxy compound. try searching for it. it's well worth it.

edit: joke. vitaras and fjts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts