Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a D15B2/D16Z6 and wanted to know what pistons and rods combo are you running. I am having a hard time finding a good set of rods for the D15B2, I found cxracing rods, would like either eagle or skunk2 but it seems like the make them only for the jdm D15B. Pistons I should be able to use vitara or any 75mm ones. I would like to find 9:5:1 Pistons but having hard time. I looked on Google, on this forum, Ebay and a few performance websites.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,529 Posts
you would be better off running a 1.6 bottom end. or a d15b crank with d16 rods.

Reactions: transzex

·
Registered
99 Posts
For what it's worth I currently have a D15B2 that has been bored .020" over. With this I have P2P0 H-beam rods and Vitara pistons. Even though they are dished, when combined with a Z6 head with flat faced Ferrea valves and a two layer MLS gasket I was able to bring the CR up to 9.1:1. I now have a Y8 head which has quench pads. Unfortunately I did not measure the volume of the combustion chamber in the Y8 head when I installed the valves so I can only provide an estimate of ~9.3:1 CR with this current setup.

Here is a picture of a Y8 head. Notice the quench pads. You'll be able to get a higher CR with this over the Z6 head because of this feature.

Here is a stock Z6 valve. Notice the dish in the face of the valve.

Here are the flat faced Ferrea valves. No dish means less volume and a higher CR.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Hows the motor going to be treated?

Boost or N/A

Ive built a few engines and i just recently put a D16y7 together and fired her up yesterday.
PM6 Piston with stock y7 rods. .020" shaved head, 272 delta cam, puts me at about 10.2 to 1

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hows the motor going to be treated?

Boost or N/A

Ive built a few engines and i just recently put a D16y7 together and fired her up yesterday.
PM6 Piston with stock y7 rods. .020" shaved head, 272 delta cam, puts me at about 10.2 to 1
the engine will be boosted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For what it's worth I currently have a D15B2 that has been bored .020" over. With this I have P2P0 H-beam rods and Vitara pistons. Even though they are dished, when combined with a Z6 head with flat faced Ferrea valves and a two layer MLS gasket I was able to bring the CR up to 9.1:1. I now have a Y8 head which has quench pads. Unfortunately I did not measure the volume of the combustion chamber in the Y8 head when I installed the valves so I can only provide an estimate of ~9.3:1 CR with this current setup.

Here is a picture of a Y8 head. Notice the quench pads. You'll be able to get a higher CR with this over the Z6 head because of this feature.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it

Here is a stock Z6 valve. Notice the dish in the face of the valve.

Here are the flat faced Ferrea valves. No dish means less volume and a higher CR.

·
Registered
honda coupe
169 Posts
I too am interested in this. I know p2p0 has a d16 vitara ycp combo. Is this the one fjt use to sell or similar? Is this the famous 500hp combo. And a few ebays. Which is the best spending a few more dollars beside going forged pistons like wiseco, cp, etc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts