Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
temp fluctuates between 298 and 208 Kelvin pretty much throughout the whole year in my equatorial country . any brands to recommend too ? im using Castrol RS 10W-50 now .

Im using Autolite platinum sparkplugs ( if its good enough for nascar its good enough for me ) . any other recommendations i should use . just went turbo now i wanna help my whole setup gel together properly

O

·
0 Posts
ok first off TRASh those dadgum plugs they are JUNK!!! use only NGK or nippon densio (sp?) plugs. you want a minoum of 2 steps cloder than stock if you can go 3.

gap your plugs to like .028-.030

ise mobil 1 oil it's the best i've found so far.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi what you mean by colder i really dont get this . is it IK rating ? ( eg. IK20 IK16 found on denso iridium plugs ? if so what IK do i get )

How do i get my plugs gapped ? where do i do it ? do i buy them gapped or i have to take them to a machine shop ?

Yea i used to use mobil 1 in my lancer before i wrapped it around a tree . what rating should i get ?

O

·
0 Posts
you don't want to use iridium. you want ngk bcpr7es-11 plugs or something like that. stocks are 5 instead of 7.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
BlackMoon said:
How do i get my plugs gapped ? where do i do it ? do i buy them gapped or i have to take them to a machine shop ?
They're a few ways you can gap the plugs. I just use one of those coin-gauges, you can also use a feeler gauge.

Just put the gauge in-between the electrode and the strap, and then bend the strap toward the electrode until it reaches the desired gap. You should feel a slight drag of the gauge when you have reached the right clearance.

As to what oil to use, Im not really sure, I just use Mobil 10w-30

·
Registered
780 Posts
oscarmayer said:
you don't want to use iridium. you want ngk bcpr7es-11 plugs or something like that. stocks are 5 instead of 7.
AGREED... dont use denso's... i melted mine in 2 days... and bosch platinum +4's... lasted 3 days... only plugs that werent a complete bitch to me were NGK's...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi so these are not the NGK iridium plugs ?? are they safe man ? over here all they are advertising is the iridium and the Racing pro model or something and i was told for turbo i have to get these plugs ( US$ approx 50 for a set of 4 ) . Take note my climate is tropical equatorial . its the same ? im at sea level ( super small island country ) . I just go shopping by part number then heh heh . I got the gapping tool at home . that thing with many lines , mine come in mm , that 0.028 and 0.030 is what ? the distance between the electrode and the gap ? is that number in cm or mm or inches ??

O

·
0 Posts
they don;t hold otu well because your a/f raito is much richer in boost than a NA motor thuse can cause some buildup onthe plugs. ir plugs foul out really easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts