Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got new 450s from the injector rehab and he sent me the wrong O rings, they are half the thickness of the ones in my car now and they just didnt seem like they would seal well, so i reused my old ones, but one is torn now, so i wonder did he send me honda ones or did he send me dsm ones, and where do i get the thicker ones like are in my car now? by the way i do mean the ones that go into the intake not the ones that seal to the rail.

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
you don't even need to dremel the stock o-rings, just put the injectors in the rail and tighten them down slowly and evenly into the intake manifold, i just did this today. DONT over do it and break the studs on the intake manifold, it sucks ive done it too many times.

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The studs on my intake have plastic spacers on them that stop me from seating the injectors very deep, i think they dont seat as deep as the ones pictured in that link above, does any one have any info on this.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
you don't even need to dremel the stock o-rings, just put the injectors in the rail and tighten them down slowly and evenly into the intake manifold, i just did this today. DONT over do it and break the studs on the intake manifold, it sucks ive done it too many times.
did the same thing to by friends ls/vtec when we put his 310's in.. worked perfect

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
which o ring are you asking about, upper or lower? the upper one can be stock honda or dsm. the lower one ca be either a dsm one or a honda one. dsm, you would trim the outside to slide into the injector bung. honda, you woud trim out the inside of the ring to fit the dsm injectors base into it.

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the bottom, but the honda ones i got are half the thickness and thus wont seal very well. The thicker greenish one is what i need, the thinner black one i got from injector rehab and are way to thin. the old ones in my car are teh thicker style but one is split so i want to replace them. the problem is this kit at napa comes with one O ring so i need 4 kits and thats at 12 bucks a kit. screw that i just want 4 thick O rings.

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so does any one know what application the green thicker one is for so i can locate some.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
the stock thin ones dont seat more then a hair on the injector, no way i will trust that small amount of a seal. does any one know what application uses the thicker seal so i can buy some? unless the plastic spacers on the studs come off then it might seal ok in the thin ones.

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
there is no way thats the thin seals, the thin ones dont come close to sticking out past the manifold like yours do,you must have the thick ones. see how mine look with the thick ones? however mine dont seem to seat as deep into the intake as yours yet mine are torqued down properly, however like i stated above my car came with plastic spacers on the fuel rail studs that stop me from seating them any deeper. if i put the thin seals into the intake they go half way down into the holes and dont stick out at all
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    64.8 KB Views: 741

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
even if it would then i would need to buy 8 , i just want to buy 4 thick o rings, any one know where i can buy 4 of tehm at, i already tried napa they dont sell individual o rings, only kits. i called honda and they have the thin ones listed as the proper part for my motor, so of course i need to track down what car the thick ones fit stock so i can get some.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts