Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been holding off on doing major mods on this car until i have more of an idea of what i want to do but as it sits now its a 97 civic hatch with the y7

y5 I/M
Tokiko illumina struts
ground control coilovers

I don't want to mod the exhaust till i can afford a nice one so if anyone has any ideas that maybe could help me out to get some power out of this engine please shoot me some ideas... cuz this y7 doesn't move in this 105 degree texas heat

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
lighter wheels, better air intake/manifold, throttle body maybe?

if you go with a cam you should by an extra head on the side and have it built. cam gear doesn't do much with a stock car, stage 3 clutch is overkill

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the y5 is like the y8 how much better can i get without going aftermarket? and my clutch is shot but your right stg3 is overkill :uh: maybe a stg1 with a resurfaced flywheel. as for rims i really want the fit rims lol thanks for the help ive had so many cars but this is the only one i cant decide on what i want to do.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
y7 and y8 are nothing alike btw. but your best bet to feel some nice power is piece a turbo kit together. cam gear isnt doing shit, exhuast will allow you do more power later on, but isnt gonna do shit now. the tranny yeah that will help some to, but there still is no uhmp behind the engine without major work to be done. or a turbo kit.

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
david, get a sri, paint the wheels like we talked about, start saving up for a ACT stg1 clutch (ill let you feel the one in my rex), and get that cx cluster outta here. and idk about anyone else but i think it looks kinda clean if you remove that front honda emblem like on my civic.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
y7 and y8 are nothing alike btw. but your best bet to feel some nice power is piece a turbo kit together. cam gear isnt doing shit, exhuast will allow you do more power later on, but isnt gonna do shit now. the tranny yeah that will help some to, but there still is no uhmp behind the engine without major work to be done. or a turbo kit.
well i sold my turbo because this is a daily and my last turbo'd car was too high maintanence, fast but too high maintanence. I know the difference between a y7 and a y8 but i was talking about intake manifolds... i have the y5 which is the y8 but has an huge egr valve. i'm just saying my car is boo boo slow lol and i want it to be able to move without making it unreliable but still fun to drive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
david, get a sri, paint the wheels like we talked about, start saving up for a ACT stg1 clutch (ill let you feel the one in my rex), and get that cx cluster outta here. and idk about anyone else but i think it looks kinda clean if you remove that front honda emblem like on my civic.
i got the lx cluster :asshole: HAH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts