Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
is it a d16y7 or y8? im not sure.. and will i run into any problems swapping this motor into my 95 civic ex coupe? ive got to pull my d16z6 to do a lil work on it.. so i was gonna put the other motor in and probably put my z6 head on it..with a lil boost.. what do u think yay or nay? im practically getting the other motor for free. his motor is an obd2 mines a obd1 i have a p28 ecu and i dunno what he has.. will i need to get his ecu or will mine be fine. i know if i switch heads mine(ecu) will be needed..

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
D16y7 and ya i'll drop in, but u will need a ecu & harness.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where can i get one of these? what if i dont.. lets say i use my head,ecu,harness.. what problems will i have?

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
You might want to just swap out the blocks since your pulling the engine out anyway i'm assuming your beafing up your bottom end for more boost Nice! They will mate right up this way you could use your engine harness in you car just drop on your existing head and intake manifold this would match all your pre-existing wiring. Trans bolts right up too_On the new y7 block i think there are only 2 sensors oil pressure and crank fluctuation senor witch i think is all that is on a z6 dont know for sure on that one.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah there a two sensors on the back of the y7 and z6 just grab the ones off you block put them in the y7 drop in and go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts