Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just got a great deal on a car/motors. i traded my 16" bronze slips with shot tires to a kid for a 92 civic hatch with a clean body (coupe little rust spots, needs paint and put together), two motors and one dx (i believe) tranny . the motors i got are two y7 blocks and a y8 head and a z6 head. well what i need to know is what would be the better set up, im new to the d series i just got rid of my b series to go to d. So is the z6 head better or the y8 or should i use the cam out of one and put it in the other (the only reason i ask that is i saw a write up on swapping the cams). what will give me the best performance. I plan on boosting the car and running somewhere between 10-15 psi if that matters for the build. Any help would be greatly appreciated like i said i am new to the d series and i want to build it right for best performance. Oh yeah also will the obd1 dizzy work on the y8 head if the y8 head is the way to go?

Thanks
Michael

·
I got Bit by the Boost Bug
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
If i was you im running just a d16z6 brand new right now,but run the y8 head.I like the z6 but i heard the y8 and the z6 are equal so its up to you bro either one will be good for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts