Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the tranny, i'm gonna be purchasing a swap with that tranny. I have a 92 cx hatch and It's got cable; my concern is when I do the swap can I use the dx tranny on the new motor without using a cable to hydro adapter?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
No just buy the one with hydro cause if you dont youll have to hydro swap and thats not fun why waste your time swaping it and waste money when you can buy a motor and hydro tranny together.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
your 92 hatch is cable? Are you sure?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No just buy the one with hydro cause if you dont youll have to hydro swap and thats not fun why waste your time swaping it and waste money when you can buy a motor and hydro tranny together.
so, for arguments sake if a car previously had a cable tranny ,and that motor and tranny got pulled out of that car.... there is nothing in the cars design that stops it from accepting a motor swap with a hydro tranny?

·
Registered
11 Posts
yea i think u messed up your car should be hydro u can check by seeing if theres a cylinder on da tranny.. and it could be more work then u think if they took out the clutchs master cylinder. what kinda motor are u swaping into da car????

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
It is hydro you can tell in the frist pic, your motor d15b8 is like 70 hp and the motor your putting in here is what and just so i know how much are you paying for this motor and tranny and what year car is it from so i or someone else can make sure your not about to get riped off

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the help guys, and i appreciate the concern. I'm getting a D16Z6 with 70k on it. The head has been ported, and bead blasted. It has an AEM adjustable cam gear. ARP headstuds. Block Guard. The bottom end is completely stock.

The transmission is a dx its got a 6 puck competition clutch and 11lb flywheel.
P28 ECU.

I'm paying 700$ for everything.

I know i would be better off with an ex or si tranny.. but i'm tired of driving around with 50whp... its actually dangerous when every other car on the road is faster than you, lol!

What do you think? worth it.. or not?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
the motor you are buying was turbocharged by the previous owner. Just an FYI.
700 is a lot, not outrageous, but a lot. Actually it is outrageous if it comes with a dx tranny. I wouldn't even bother unless it came with the ex/si.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
600 at the most if it was turbod i would really go over the motor to make sure its not blown or need some repair. and the dx tranny is a lil better than the hf tranny stock tranny for the d15b8 you have unless you swaped the tranny but anyway i would not spend more than 550 600 at the most but you can get a complete b18a1 swap for less than 700 almost always can be had for 500 but b18a1 has depending on year and blah blah 140 hp and 130torque as opossed to 130 hp but really look the motor over before you give the money

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the motor you are buying was turbocharged by the previous owner. Just an FYI.
700 is a lot, not outrageous, but a lot. Actually it is outrageous if it comes with a dx tranny. I wouldn't even bother unless it came with the ex/si.
Yea, It's built for boost; however the previous owner never got to boost, he bought a SRT4.. so, he quit on this project. A lot of people on this forum use arp headstuds and leave everything else stock, and boost... seems like a proven formula.

I plan on getting a jrsc this summer with an eight pound pulley... do you think this motor will hold up?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts