Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What circuits are directly related to Causing this issue on my '95 civic ex. Engine is not revving past 4000 rpm.
Starts up and Runs fine. Just will Not rev past 4000 rpm. Speed sensor,? What all else. No check engine light.
Any and all help Is Appreciated..

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
I've seen a similar situation with my sister in laws del sol. It turned out to be the distributor, my brother and I believed that the distributor was have issues advancing when the engine accelerated to higher rpms.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've seen a similar situation with my sister in laws del sol. It turned out to be the distributor, my brother and I believed that the distributor was have issues advancing when the engine accelerated to higher rpms.
I believe it was a weak ignition coil. (which is inside the distributor) Hondas with weak coils tend to crap out right around 4k.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
a weak coil would not just cut out at 4k. it would "break up" as in would proibably rev to redline with minimal load (downa hil for example) or idle, able to rev.

he seems to be describing a redline of sorts AT 4k.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,380 Posts
limp mode. are you sure your check engine light actually works? check for codes.

·
Registered
Honda
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm at a loss here guys..! If I had a Code I Could see a direction to go in for repair. There isn't Any codes.! Like a 4000 rpm rev limiter...

·
Registered
1999 EJ8
1,188 Posts
Does the CEL illuminate then go out during key-on?

I've had a car that ran like ass and the bulb for the CEL was removed from the cluster. After the bulb was replaced, codes galore.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ya, even with no codes present when you jump the service connector the CEL should illuminate. If that didn't happen your bulb isn't working.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm very curious what kind of fixes people have for cars in limp mode. Mine has the same symptoms, but a solid CEL that cannot be checked.

I'll be watching for the OP's solution.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Solid cell is a bad ecu man
I don't think I have 3 bad ECUs though. :fingersx: Furthermore, the ECU works on my CRX but not on the car in question. Bad wiring is my guess, but I've been looking for other explanations.

Sorry OP! Not trying to thread jack. I'm just hopeful for this thread.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,380 Posts
Ya, even with no codes present when you jump the service connector the CEL should illuminate. If that didn't happen your bulb isn't working.
chyep. google your generation and search for a fsm to download. then trouble shoot. also, try another ecu and see if its still going into limp mode.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts