Honda D Series Forum banner

What is this?

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Green 91 
#1 ·
After swapping a D15B into my car I see this green thingy and nothing is plugged into it, what is it?

I asked the mechanic and he said its something related to JDM cars and its not necessary

See less See more
#9 ·
the plug in the green is the vtec solenoid, and the one in the red is the oil pressure switch.
and yes you do need to plug them in and have wires to your ecu in order for your vtec to kick in.

#10 · (Edited)
I asked another mech who works on honda's and he said its not nessecary since I'm using P2P obd2 Ecu, if I was using the P28 then i wire should be hooked up this plug so the vtec kicks in, but now its working fine.
what do u think of what he said?

btw would there be any changes in the intake sound when the vtec kicks in?
when i had my D16y8 i've never heard it kicking in, so i'm curious about this engine and my setup!

#11 ·
I asked another mech who works on honda's and he said its not nessecary since I'm using P2P obd2 Ecu, if I was using the P28 then i wire should be hooked up this plug so the vtec kicks in, but now its working fine.
what do u think of what he said?

btw would there be any changes in the intake sound when the vtec kicks in?
when i had my D16y8 i've never heard it kicking in, so i'm curious about this engine and my setup!
He is wrong, the P2P needs both also.

Stop asking your mechanics, and see us for the rest of your Honda needs

#12 ·
p2p is the 96-00 ecu. and there for would be looking for vtec. and the oil pressure switch and solenoid are wired in series. they would have to be both plugged in in order to function properly. do you get a code for no vtec?. or does it just not come on,. i guess what i want to know is the the OP are you getting a code, like no vtec, or is it that if the vtec oil pressure switch is closed it is suppose to send signal to the solenoid but it just doesnt know its not working because the solenoid uses electrical current to acuate a mechanical movement?. ah i dont know what im asking.. 55 questions in one. srry

#13 ·
Look man, your mechanics are fucking dumb as ******** or someshit. The green plug is for your VTEC pressure switch. it is a two pin plug, one goes to ground, and the other goes to the ecu. You need this connected so you can have vtec. that's about 20 hp so i suggest you get yourself a clip and plug that bitch up. Why rob yourself of horsepower. DO IT NOW!!!

Here is a plug for you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.