·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,308 Posts
when was the last time you changed your oil? more of an answer there

·
Registered
Integra DB9
445 Posts
Those pictures came up so big on my screen that all I could make sense of was some nicely focused gravel and a shoe.

You write that you've seen it twice. Has it been OK between those two events?
If so, and if there's been a long period without using the engine in between, it's possible that there's some condensation. As SteveCity says, check your cap. And as Slo intimates, an oil change might be the answer.

What does your coolant look like?

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
asks about head gasket, doesnt mention coolant level at all.......

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Registered
'97 Honda Civic LX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check your oil cap, is there white stuff in there too?
Naw

when was the last time you changed your oil? more of an answer there
800 miles ago.

Those pictures came up so big on my screen that all I could make sense of was some nicely focused gravel and a shoe.

You write that you've seen it twice. Has it been OK between those two events?
If so, and if there's been a long period without using the engine in between, it's possible that there's some condensation. As SteveCity says, check your cap. And as Slo intimates, an oil change might be the answer.

What does your coolant look like?
Thanks, that's a samsung galaxy s7. lol

It's my daily. I haven't noticed any difference in performance. Coolant is normal level and color. 800 miles old oil.

asks about head gasket, doesnt mention coolant level at all.......
Because I didn't notice any difference in it. I looked around. :)

·
Registered
'97 Honda Civic LX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Someone told me it was probably from not letting it warm up, then shutting it off soon after. I think he might be right because I've been running late the past couple days to work and I'm low on gas so I haven't been driving it other than too and from work. Start it up > wait like 30 seconds > gooooooo because i'd be late otherwise > get there > shut it off.

·
Registered
Integra DB9
445 Posts
Why do you wait 30 seconds?

If it's to warm it up before 'gooooooo', it's nowhere near enough. I wouldn't hammer a car until it's done at least five miles.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
the coolant warms up fast. the engine still needs a good 30+ minutes of normal operation to be fully warmed up.

when I worked at a shop, I always told my customers with moisture in the oil to drive the car 40-50 miles once a week if they are less than 20 minutes from work .

I asked coolant level because if it remains unchanged, its at least not leaking or eating coolant (yay!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.