Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is this sensor in the center of the picture? My D15B intake does not have a vacuum source (from plenum) for this sensor like the one pictured does. I suppose I can T off of of another vacuum source, but I'm wondering why.

Thanks!!!

P.S. I can't use the intake manifold pictured due to some coolant line routing issues, just take my word on it. However, I don't want to go back to my D15b7 manifold.

Attachments

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
not worthless, the fumes that the charcoal canister collects is allowed intot he engine via the purge solenoid. It's free gas basically.

It doesn't hurt anything, leave it inplace and working.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not worthless, the fumes that the charcoal canister collects is allowed intot he engine via the purge solenoid. It's free gas basically.

It doesn't hurt anything, leave it inplace and working.
I'm having difficulties leaving it in place and working or I would. Can I vent it to atmosphere instead of hooked up to the IM? The D15b IM that I'm putting on the car doesn't have a vacuum source for it. :TD:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
They vent it to the engine where it is burned to reduce evaporative HC emissions, same reason your gas cap clicks and seals.

If you want flammable vapors floating around your engine bay, feel free to vent.

Make sure I'm no where near.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you want flammable vapors floating around your engine bay, feel free to vent.
LOL, it will be fine. My concern is accidently creating a vacuum leak by leaving it open. I guess I'll try it tonight and find out.

·
Banned
eh hatch
598 Posts
^^^ resulting in excessively high gas tank pressures
way to go !!!
should we also light a match and throw it in your gas tank to display how well fuel vapor can burn...?

this is how the 3.way canister works
some cars only have a 2.way canister
if you want operation and i suggest you should if your ecu uses purge
top port (to purge valve in your picture) uses vacuum to open purge valve on canister.
there is a circular diaphragm normally closed blocking off the purge port.
vacuum pulls open the diaphragm.
this allows stored vapor in charcoal into the throttle body port.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
freon, I do have it hooked up to the charcoal canister. I do not have it hooked into the intake manifold anywhere.

Unless I screwed something up somewhere else, it caused a check engine light. :(

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
freon, I do have it hooked up to the charcoal canister. I do not have it hooked into the intake manifold anywhere.

Unless I screwed something up somewhere else, it caused a check engine light. :(
check the code... im 95 percent sure the purge wont throw a code...the wires for my purge solenoid are hooked up to a nitrous solenoid lol

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just get a t-fitting and t it off the FPR vacuum source... not that hard.
That crossed my mind and I even found the T fitting at Grainger, but I was worried that it would mess with fuel pressure.

Have you done it or know anyone who has?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts