Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
remember those platform shoes that had water and a goldfish in there, maybe its something like that.. you just need to find the fish at a carnival and some agua and a plug blammo. :noway:

but for real, i dont know

·
Registered
519 Posts
They're for city lights..

I hope I dont get stabbed for using this picture :(

Notice how the headlight area lights up, but isnt very bright? Those are the city lights. They light up the bezels, but not as bright as headlights do. In Japan, they're useful because the streets are already sufficiently lit so there's no real need for the bright headlights. Its a courtesy thing :TU:

·
Happy LiL Trees....
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
remember those platform shoes that had water and a goldfish in there, maybe its something like that.. you just need to find the fish at a carnival and some agua and a plug blammo. :noway:

but for real, i dont know
Lol! yeah forget lcd screens in the headlights, that's out... noone's done live fish!!! FTW! :shock:

I wonder, anyone know if my headlights are USDM or sumpin' else?

·
Registered
519 Posts
oh, and if you want to plug up that hole, you can use the socket for the ek (and maybe even the eg) license plate bulb. Its the same socket used for city lights and it will push in and lock in place perfectly..

They're not USDM btw.. They're from overseas, where exactly? dont know..

·
Happy LiL Trees....
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're for city lights..

I hope I dont get stabbed for using this picture :(

Notice how the headlight area lights up, but isnt very bright? Those are the city lights. They light up the bezels, but not as bright as headlights do. In Japan, they're useful because the streets are already sufficiently lit so there's no real need for the bright headlights. Its a courtesy thing :TU:
Don't get e-stabbed on my account! lol!

So these are JDM headlights then? That pic is nice! I wonder if I have a way to hook these up? Probably no wiring for them, anyone know?

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
you could run wires to your light via the parking lights/running lights. my buddy hooked mine up for me. you could prob. get the 194 bulb sockets at the local parts store too.

·
Happy LiL Trees....
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you could run wires to your light via the parking lights/running lights. my buddy hooked mine up for me. you could prob. get the 194 bulb sockets at the local parts store too.
I'm sure it would be easy enough to do. I think it would be cool to have 3 diff. stages of lighting. Thanks, I may do this later.

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
nope, those are the side marker lights that you install on the front qtr. panels.
ya could use these too installed via the turn signals but not for this city light install. those are for side turn signal use. i guess if ya wanted to spend a bit more, you could get this and not have to wire up the sockets, but thats extra $$$ just to use/get the wire harness ya know. and then you still would have to cut the one end off and wire to the running/side lights onto of that . this would get you the sockets and the wire harness, but you'd be better off making your own.

After reading that ad, yes it can be used for either, but IMO just more $$ instead of DIY.

·
Registered
519 Posts
^Psst, My sidemarkers, licenseplate bulbs, and city lights all use the same bulbs and sockets ;)

cory, the link you posted is probably the cleaner way to install these. Youre just going to find that the wires are a little long because they're supposed to reach to the fenders, but will only be reaching a few inches from the headlight socket

·
Banned
eh hatch
598 Posts

·
Registered
92 civic hatch si
752 Posts
yeah just tap into parking lights

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
I'm sure it would be easy enough to do. I think it would be cool to have 3 diff. stages of lighting. Thanks, I may do this later.
Yeah, ya could get that wiring kit, but it really was easy. I was going to do it myself, but he offered and did it better than I would have. So either way you go, good luck! they are pretty cool!! I got a set of aftermarkets h.lamps that came with these and the socket, so just had to wire it up. one of the coolest upgrades I think.

Once ya get em you can mess around with the lighting too. I had stock 194s and swapped to some cheap 194s super whites. I even tried some PIAA xtreme whites, but they were really bright and didnt have as cool glow as just the reg. bulbs or these cheap super whites.

·
Happy LiL Trees....
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, ya could get that wiring kit, but it really was easy. I was going to do it myself, but he offered and did it better than I would have. So either way you go, good luck! they are pretty cool!! I got a set of aftermarkets h.lamps that came with these and the socket, so just had to wire it up. one of the coolest upgrades I think.

Once ya get em you can mess around with the lighting too. I had stock 194s and swapped to some cheap 194s super whites. I even tried some PIAA xtreme whites, but they were really bright and didnt have as cool glow as just the reg. bulbs or these cheap super whites.

So the stock 194 bulbs seem to look the best? I wonder if a slight amber would look cool. Do you have your city lights hooked to a seperate switch, or just when you turn your running lights they come on?

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
So the stock 194 bulbs seem to look the best? I wonder if a slight amber would look cool. Do you have your city lights hooked to a seperate switch, or just when you turn your running lights they come on?
that pic SUNDOWN put up are stock bulb color for ex.

mine, they are hooked up so when the running lights are turned on. I have a switch for my under dash neon, so didn't want another switch just for these. I love PIAA, but these really made em bright. and city lights, are a low glow so, it was over-kill IMO. nice though, but too much. yeah, ya could try amber, can always change em out. it might look too much like the runnings though. Range rovers have these too and they look so cool on. :IHI:

if I knew how to add pic to these posts, Id show ya mine and the PIAA. but havent learned this advance skill yet. lol

1 - 20 of 56 Posts