Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about getting one to replace my Z6 since that thing is going downhill fast, and i was woundering if i needed to get the P08 ecu or if it was ok to run my P28 ecu. does my P28 rev up to high for it? or r the base maps a whole hell of a lot different?

·
Registered
51 Posts
if ur in cali, ur gonna need the p28 to pass smog, other than that the p28 will b fine. That's what i'm using right now.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright cool. thanx for the fast replys guys. and no im in texas, but even with my damn california car it dosent pass here lol

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well shit... i just read a little article on honda-tech and it said that with running the P28 it will give it a slight decrease in performance... so it brings up my question again.... what would be better... i wanna get the most out of the motor as possible, and what kind of difference r we talking about with the 2 ecus?

·
Registered
149 Posts
P28, but chip it with the D15 maps, and enable the o2 heaters and stuff like that in the ROM.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well at some places i have talked to u, they will give me the entire swap including the ecu, should i do that? or should i just get the motor and use my tranny/harness and ecu?

·
Registered
149 Posts
That ECU won't have the O2 sensor heater turned on, and has a speed limiter if I'm not mistaken. The P28 can run it just as well. BTW, redline on the D15 is the same as Z6 (assuming the roms for the D15 are correct).

·
Registered
510 Posts
well at some places i have talked to u, they will give me the entire swap including the ecu, should i do that? or should i just get the motor and use my tranny/harness and ecu?
Running a JDM ecu will pretty much guarantee failing the smog test.

·
Registered
159 Posts
so if you dont need to pass smog test the p08 would be the way to go? sorry for jacking you thread

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its cool. im gunna run my P28. and hope that this engine will pass inspection unlike my Z6 lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
ya in my area we dont nee to pass the smog test so its build it like you like it lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts