Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like title says guys...wanting to buy one and want to know the BEST brand to get.... so any help would be appreciated:)

·
D-series SoCal Division
659 Posts
I have turboxs mbc for awhile now, works great with no issues at all. This is the only one I have ever used personally, but I'm sure there're better ones out there.

Make sure when you do install one, connect the boost line after the intercooler and not on the compressor housing.

·
Certified O.G.
5,605 Posts
I run a hallman MBC and it works beautiful.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Iv researched hours trying to figure the best mbc , lots of ez diy info to build one dirt cheap but if u want a good quality and easier on the eyes..its unanimously hallman with the upgraded ball.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
This is the same design as the DIY.. They say its one of the best boost controllers on the market.

all they did is add a knob on the top for adjusting.. and charge another $40 lol its a pretty simple design i don't see it failing unless that lock-down nut came loose.

TurboLogic Performance (TM) Model TL-21 MBC : BoostController.com LLC - America's Source for High quality turbo boost controllers, silicone hose, and more performance products - 877-836-6155- precision boost control. Turbosmart Warehouse Distributor

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
This is the same design as the DIY.. They say its one of the best boost controllers on the market.

all they did is add a knob on the top for adjusting.. and charge another $40 lol its a pretty simple design i don't see it failing unless that lock-down nut came loose.

TurboLogic Performance (TM) Model TL-21 MBC : BoostController.com LLC - America's Source for High quality turbo boost controllers, silicone hose, and more performance products - 877-836-6155- precision boost control. Turbosmart Warehouse Distributor
Thats is ugly as shit, also when you make an adjustment your just guessing. My turbosmart mbc clicks for each adjustment turn and im pretty sure one click=1 psi boost so no guess work

·
B-series Destroyer
912 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Blu3 You think every click adds 1 psi? sounds like your guessing also... hoping one click is one psi. its a small brass fitting how could you really be bothered by the look of it.

Bottom line run a boost gauge if you use a manual controller

some people care what Products looks like over functionality personally i don't

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I always used a Hallman on the DSMs and it worked great. The ceramic ball and various springs that can be had give the best flexibility in quick reaction time w/o flutter. I've used them with & without the remote kit (usually installed that control in place of the cigar lighter). The ability to change boost limits in the driver's seat is nice but, once you have it set where you want for what you're doing, it doesn't really get changed much (at least I didn't) on a daily basis.

I had cars that had the homebrew controllers and they do okay when fresh, but are nowhere near as tunable as the Hallman can be. They tend to be a royal PITA after a time (at least the ones I've seen) because the materials used allowed internal corrosion to interfere with their operation. I got to the point that, if I bought a car with one on it, the first thing I'd do is remove & strip/reassemble the controller to check and see if it was still useable. If it was, I'd sell it off to offset the shipping cost of a Hallman to replace it! ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts