Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what exactly I need to fit suspension designed for the EK, so that I can fit it in my 88 sedan.
I know that I have to get some new rear LCA's, but i'm not sure what else would be required, or if it can really even be done correctly.

If anyone know please help me out.

Thanks, Matt

·
D-series WTF?!?!
Dyno GT Racing Bike
3,674 Posts
HMM the old skool 88 setup well what exactly u want besides struts and lower arms??? if anything i dont have much knowledge on the EK suspension but if they have rear disk snatch the whole setup and u rocking fresh spanking parts cause EF are all about dealing with rust bolts and wored bushing!!! trust me its lil thing that kill u!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ohh sorry i missed that, Its a coilover setup. I'm trying to install, but i need to know what else has to be cahnged to make this work, if it can work at all. I'm not worried about the rusty bolts, but thanks for the heads up. Ive got my tranny out rite now, and putting in a new flywheel and clutch this weekend. I just figured while ii've got the axles out adn the suspension pretty much apart I would throw in new suspension, and there is a good deal on some EK parts locally.

Please if anyone know, let me know.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,444 Posts
coilovers could be different size. i know the stock EJ shocks./springs don't fit. the spring up front is wound wider.

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
I dont believe you can use the front struts. I know for sure you cant use 89 front struts on 88's and vice versa. You may have to change out the upper control arms. You may have to modify where the upper controle arm bolt's are. But then you have to do it right or else your car will never be aligned right.

·
Premium Member
2000 Civic DX hatch
202 Posts
I'm facing a similar situation myself. I'm trying to determine if the skunk2 full coilovers (shocks/springs) on my 00 hatch can be used on the 89 crx dx I just bought.

I know that lowering springs designed for 6th gen won't fit right on the 4th gen because they are so much taller, but it makes me wonder since coilover sleeves seem to fit the same from '88 to '00 and I'm trying to use a set-up that probably has similar spring dimensions as a coilover sleeve. I know the rear LCA won't be an issue on my application...

I guess the difference will be in shock body dimensions right?
Will this matter in a ride height adjustable set-up?
Might there be an adverse affect on suspension/piston travel?
Can it even be done?

What suspension set-up are you trying to use mattydevine? Springs and shocks or an adjustable coilover system?

Anybody have any dimensions or personal experiences that could help either of us out here? Someone told me that he used the skunk2 full coilovers from an integra on an ef and he had to use the forks from the teg in the front. I don't know what generation teg it was though, so this might not be helpful for out particular situations.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You'll have to use the EK/EG forks in the front. In the rear, I'm not sure if you can use an EK LCA or not, I think it is a different length or something, but I don't remember for sure. You can use an EG/89+ EF LCA and then knock the nuts off and bend the lower forks of the shocks to fit for sure.

This is assuming this is coilovers. If just springs your ride height will probably be totally wrong.

That said, unless they are REALLY cheap it's not worth it, just get the right stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts