Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what this motor is, I bought this car about 1 week ago, and don't really know what its built up of. The woman had it installed last November, from some Japanese shop, seems like they did a good job because it cost them $1900. But someone told me that the valve cover is different from what the D15B actually is.

Any help?

Which brought me to my next question, is my head different, because I thought that the D15B came with Vtec. Which mine obviously does not. Any input helps!! Thanks! :TU: :D

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
it looks like a d15b7 for me.

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
1900 for d15?? hahahhhahahahahahahahhaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahha coulda got a b16 swap for that much.......................................

·
turn up tha boost !
Honda
1,193 Posts
1900 for d15?? hahahhhahahahahahahahhaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahha coulda got a b16 swap for that much.......................................
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahha
could got whole car w/ a swap for that much

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
:werd:

·
I got Bit by the Boost Bug
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Trust me It's a Jdm D15b Non Vtec i had the same motor in my 91 hatch doesnt matter about valve covers that doesnt affect the motor,If you want someone elses word go ask either sohcinWA or 89ryancrx ok but thats what your motor is.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I feel sorry for her, she was taken advantage of.

That thing looks fishy. Why is it just stamped "D15B"?? I had a USDM D15B7 and it was stamped "D15B7". Yet this thing is stamped only D15B.

My JDM D15B VTEC is stamped "D15B".....:confused:

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
The jdm d15b motors came 3 different ways .With dual carbs non vtec , injected with vtec also injected with NON vtec. If the block was a B7 it would have said B7. The d15B's are not USDM

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Sucks for her, good shit for you. Hows it run?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sucks for her, good shit for you. Hows it run?
Verry clean, quite zippy, and gets up to speed quick. I also think that my transmission is different. Where the Tranny meets up to the Block, the tranny is really clean compared to the block. Its definitely new.

how do I know what my transmission is?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts