Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone educate me please. I don't know that much about Honda interchangeable engine builds. I keep seeing people calling their engine builds a mini me build. Looks like a D series engine to me. I picked up a time attack civic with a D16z6 and it is my first ever FWD race car. Please be nice I know I am most likely asking a stupid question ...

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
If you know you're asking a stupid question then why did you post it here when it would have taken you 5 seconds of reading on Google?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If you know you're asking a stupid question then why did you post it here when it would have taken you 5 seconds of reading on Google?
You ever google search anything Honda? You end up getting 99% bullshit and may be if you look really hard you can find something truthful. I figured someone might be so kind in helping me out. Again first Honda race car.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
"First off, it has nothing to do with that little dude from the Austin Powers movies. The Mini-Me is a VTEC head swap for the 88-00 Honda D-series motors. It involves taking a SOHC VTEC D-series head and attaching it to a Non-VTEC block. There are only two different D-series VTEC heads that are used for this swap."

http://www.angelfire.com/dc2/cyber13/minimeinfo.html

courtesy of fucking google.

do some deduction, if 3 or more sites say the same fucking thing, take it as word. stop being lazy.

as payment for doing the leg work, I shall take some of your rep

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
You ever google search anything Honda?
Yeah, it's how I get all the information I need for anything Honda related or anything for that matter that I don't know or am unsure about in a matter of seconds or worst case a few minutes of reading.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the point of joining a forum if the answer to everything is going to be to google it?
I was just hoping that someone that had built one or had a little insight could chime in.

I read that post off <tt>My Mini-Me Info Page</tt>

after I had already posted. Sorry for distracting everybody from their google searches.

I won't post anything again.

·
4,045 Posts
if you have a question that is technical and requires some thought, this is the place to get ideas. if youre asking one of the basic most asked questions around, expect to get treated like a retard.

I don't go ask Gordon ramsey how to make a fucking pb&j without expecting to catch some shit after he gets done facepalming himself to death

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you have a question that is technical and requires some thought, this is the place to get ideas. if youre asking one of the basic most asked questions around, expect to get treated like a retard.

I don't go ask Gordon ramsey how to make a fucking pb&j without expecting to catch some shit after he gets done facepalming himself to death
Cool man you put me in my place. Thank you........

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
What is the point of joining a forum if the answer to everything is going to be to google it?
I was just hoping that someone that had built one or had a little insight could chime in.

I read that post off <tt>My Mini-Me Info Page</tt>

after I had already posted. Sorry for distracting everybody from their google searches.

I won't post anything again.
Please bro, don’t be discouraged by this kind of response. This is a GREAT community and there is no better source for D series knowledge than here.

Just understand that the guys who are still around have seen and answered a lot of the same questions many times over many years. There have been a lot of members who have dedicated time and energy to document the lessons they’ve learned so it’s a little frustrating when all of this great info gets overlooked because of a lack of searching.

Some of us are more patient than others. Thick skin will serve you well in the beginning of your time here. Stick around, learn what you can, and at least give the impression that you’ve looked around before you ask a basic question

Good luck

·
4,045 Posts
Please bro, don’t be discouraged by this kind of response. This is a GREAT community and there is no better source for D series knowledge than here.

Just understand that the guys who are still around have seen and answered a lot of the same questions many times over many years. There have been a lot of members who have dedicated time and energy to document the lessons they’ve learned so it’s a little frustrating when all of this great info gets overlooked because of a lack of searching.

Some of us are more patient than others. Thick skin will serve you well in the beginning of your time here. Stick around, learn what you can, and at least give the impression that you’ve looked around before you ask a basic question

Good luck
this.

there is only 1 asshole here. don't let the one ruin the few.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

Good luck
Thanks but I'm good.

I don't know much about Hondas and I guess asking questions is a bad idea as well. Man when I was road racing a third gen Camaro mullets and all those guys were a lot more helpful to the newbie.

My car is running and I have had no problems road racing it, so I guess when I do have a problem I will just google it and figure it out. I'll find a different place to ask stupid questions which is how started all of this was that I had a stupid question.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Asking questions is perfectly acceptable. We as a site simply ask that a little effort actually be made in part to research. After all, working on a car and its components require a certain level of resourcefulness.

Having a racecar especially denotes that some time be made to gather information.

I can tell you, there is a metric boatload of it available both on here and across a few other honda sites. LOTS of resources for sure.

At the same time, when you post on a forum, you are basically requesting other users' time and effort. It sounds a bit snooty, but its realistic.

Just about all the active users on here are pretty freakin helpful in some way or another, some are extensively helpful, giving they have documented various entire car builds from the ground up.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Who said it was acceptable?

Im not a user on here to babysit other's attitudes.

Some people on here are rightfully blunt, as many times more than not, new users simply come up and stir the pot.

You appear to have some thick skin. Grab a beer, and watch a few of the new users in the next few weeks. You'll see lol.

In the mean time, as a racecar owner, you may want to take a look into oil cooling and if you have a tuning solution, might wanna dick around with ignition timing for long duration races

1 - 20 of 28 Posts