· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I
Motor vehicle Gas Machine Automotive exterior Nut

was told this is an automatice D16Y8 intake

It does not have an IACV

Numbers on firewall side are P2P IPT-5

this is the throttle body I plan to run. It bolts up correctly which gasket do I need Y8 Z6 other?

I have pics
Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system Machine Rim

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Bumper Automotive exterior

· Formerly weebeastie
2,010 Posts
Looks like a manual trans Y8 intake manifold. They had the 3 wire IACV on the throttle body. Doesn't work with obd0/obd1 though. You can run it without the IACV (it will high idle) or you can bore out the ports for the IACV on the back. Or get one off of an automatic car. They have the IACV on the manifold.

· Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
2,350 Posts
Looks like a manual trans Y8 intake manifold. They had the 3 wire IACV on the throttle body. Doesn't work with obd0/obd1 though. You can run it without the IACV (it will high idle) or you can bore out the ports for the IACV on the back. Or get one off of an automatic car. They have the IACV on the manifold.
correct but backwards i think.
auto Y8s used 3 wire iacv on the throttle body like the Y7s.
Manual Y8s use the 2 wire on the manifold.

· Formerly weebeastie
2,010 Posts
correct but backwards i think.
auto Y8s used 3 wire iacv on the throttle body like the Y7s.
Manual Y8s use the 2 wire on the manifold.

This is correct.

What can I say, I'm getting old I suppose..............

· Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,566 Posts
This is correct.

What can I say, I'm getting old I suppose..............
Its easy to flip flop the 6th gen stuff when you mostly work with 4th and 5th gen stuff, lol. If age is to blame im showing mine a bit sooner than you....

On a side note, there are a few that have done the process of making the auto manifold work with the manual tb and iacv recently, one with great pictures would be @drtalon123, if you dont think you are up to that task trade that auto mani to someone with a y7 that wants a 4 hp upgrade and has a high idle from using the manual iacv as a block off plate.

· Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,676 Posts
Before:
Motor vehicle Gas Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Auto part

During:

Measuring, drawing and and shaping gasket paper to mimic B18C5 throttle body air ports, to create a new gasket for it, and position of where IAC port would need to be:
Gesture Finger Hunting knife Material property Sports gear

Wood Gas Machine Auto part Automotive wheel system

Finishing:

Centering, marking, drilling and tapping required holes. You dont drill the first (right) hole all the way into the plenum. Only the second (left) hole punches into the plenum. Then drill a hole at an angle from the TB flange face down to the first (right) IAC port:
Head Triceratops Jaw Bicycle part Headgear

Helmet Composite material Gas Tool Metal

Automotive tire Rim Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part

Install your 2 pin IAC, and a manual throttle body with gasket, and voila, an auto-to-manual D16Y8 intake.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Hood Light

· Registered
'91 CRX DX, D15B (D15Z7), ZC L3
148 Posts
Then drill a hole at an angle from the TB flange face down to the first (right) IAC port:
View attachment 143211
I did all this conversion to my D15B auto manifold. It felt kinda MacGyver seat-of-your-pants while I was working on it. Just measure where ever you can, drill pilot holes, don't drill too deep (put tape around your drill bit so you know where to stop) and you'll be fine.
The first IACV hole is already there - loosely bolt the valve on, angle it so it looks square over top of the raised area and tighten it down. Use a pick to mark where inside of the hole meets the manifold. Remove the valve, center punch, pilot drill, drill, tap. Put some grease on the gasket of the IACV, thread the bolts in a couple turns and slide the IACV down to make a grease-stamp on the manifold. Take the valve back off - the grease shows you where the gasket needs to seal, and where to center-punch the air passage holes. Be careful not to drill or scratch up the grease-marked areas or the gasket won't seal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts