Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i just bought an intake manifold off one of my friends buddy's. I asked for a Y8 for my d16Y7. It turns out it's off a 92-95 civic ex. SO it's a D16z6 correct? There is a code on the back of the manifold itself : P08 HF-5 2Z15 can anyone make this out? I just wanna make sure this isnt a 1.5 intake manifold im about to put on my 97' D16Y7 1.6. ANY info would be much appreciated!
thanks!

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
if it is for sure offa 92-95 ex, then yes, it is a z6..

are the runners molded together, or are they spread apart.. the z6 has larger runners, and are somewhat molded together.. most d15 runners are smaller and have big gaps between the runners..

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they're running together. It's a z6, im trying to put it on my d16y7 right now, its turning into a project. what would you use to plug the holes in the back of the manifold?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ya know i never thought of that, but how would i get the hose to stay? Of course it would be easier to just get a IACV for it but it seems impossible to find one somehow. I have a piece of aluminum that im going to tap holes into to bolt it down. :bravo:

I'll also take a picture of it and post it here when im finished.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well scratch the whole z6 mani to y7 block. it's too much crap to deal with plus i hear it's not the best thing to do. I'm goingto get my money back from this guy and get the y8 like i was supposed to get in the first place. thanks for all the help though guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts