Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on running about 6-8psi of boost on my d16. I was wondering what would be the best injectors to run with a FMU? What size FMU should be used? I have stock injectors and 450cc ones. Don't have money or time for a chipped ecu yet though.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would the walbro pump be good for the fmu? I do plan on chipping the ecu and what not, could I just take the pump out then or it dosen't matter?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Reckone said:
Would the walbro pump be good for the fmu? I do plan on chipping the ecu and what not, could I just take the pump out then or it dosen't matter?
you're gonna need to run an adjustable FPR! DO NOT GET THE B&M FPR CUZ IT SUCKS! i have a d16y8 turbo at 4 psi with fmu and walbro 255 and i run too rich at 6 psi with the fuel pump and FMU......b&m can't go low unless u do the endyn trick, but just save the time and headache and get a cosmo FPR! goodluck with the build oh and like said earlier, with fmu u can only use stock injectors, UNLESS YOU USE SOME TYPE OF MANAGEMENT SUCH AS AFC HACK, UBERDATA, CROME, HONDATA ETC!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I was told that there is no need for another fuel pump, since the FMU raises the pressure on the fuel. I will need a MAP bypass valve correct?

·
Registered
784 Posts
FMU you need an inline fuel pump and a missing link. Do not upgrade your injectors. If you are going the FMU route again all you need is the FMU, inline fuel pump, and missing link. FMU will support roughly 7-8psi "safely". Also it is STRONGLY suggested to retard your timing 2-4* depending on how much you plan on boosting.

·
D-Series.org Sponsor
381 Posts
12:1 is 12lbs of added fuel pressure per pound of boost - 10:1 would be 10 lbs and so on. On all single cam set ups with low amounts of boost we run the 8 or 10 depending on the rest of the engine build.

Stock ecu / FMU / Stock injectors ? missing link / Holly 255 intank and you are set. Get it on a dyno to check air-fuel and if needed add a VAFC or SAFC

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
FMU = :fag:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts