Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What holds the radio in the car?? Typically on other cars I have had experience, there is framing behind the dash that the radio is screwed to. Is there something missing from my car??

·
Registered
809 Posts
sometimes the cd player itself will come with the cage your talking about to keep it snug...dont believe ur missing anything but that cage will def. help keep it snug..you could rig sumthin up to...my civic looks the same way when i pull my radio out

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sometimes the cd player itself will come with the cage your talking about to keep it snug...dont believe ur missing anything but that cage will def. help keep it snug..you could rig sumthin up to...my civic looks the same way when i pull my radio out
Thats what I figured, but it just looked a little strange for some reason. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
yours looks a lilttle different then what my CRX did i think it might be missing a metal bracket or somthing but the bracket i don't think even touched the cage that came with the CD player i know all i have to do is give it a push from the back of the CD player and the darn thing comes right out with some help but it hasn't poped out while driving.

·
Registered
105 Posts
mine is just kinda smused in there with a lil plastic cubby looking piece...

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
my headunit came with a strip of plumbers tape i beleive its called and a stud on the back to hold it in place and a lil sleeve thing which the headunit slides into with tabs which can be bent to hold it in place

or get some sort of adapter kit

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
there should be a bar behind there that looks like it can have 2 8mm screws going into it from underneath so basically where the back of the radio would sit, there should be a bar running horizontally across.

if youre just install a radio in there, its just front loading DIN mount. put the cage in, bend tabs in, slide radio in and youre good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts