Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Honestly which ever one you decide on. I am going with a header from Bisi, but for now I just ordered one from ebay. Polished Stainless for $41.00 shipped. The one I am getting from Bisi will be track only.

·
Registered
857 Posts
There's no such thing as "best" header for any engine. Proper header is always individually made to match engine displacement, head properties, cam duration etc, and for desired power band and characteristics. e.g. some dragsters use individual exhaust pipes to kill low-end torque for maintaining traction, and CARTs use big, long and complex headers to get maximum power in restricted class.

There's plenty of different headers available for D-series, do your own research and choose what suits best for your engine and needs.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Honestly which ever one you decide on. I am going with a header from Bisi, but for now I just ordered one from ebay. Polished Stainless for $41.00 shipped. The one I am getting from Bisi will be track only.
wait wait wait... I thought you said you had a bisi header and it's making 200WHP with carbs?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im just stuck i dont really know what headers are out there. I mean i know of a couple but i dont think they offer what im looking for. I have a pretty built head crower stg2 cam, valves, valvesprings, and retainers. im just curious what you guys would think work best with that app

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
That motor is sitting on an engine stand. Not in the street car yet. The one that is going in the car will have 200+ Im not worried about that.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Bisimoto cam, springs, retainers. Bisimoto Header, ARIAS pistons. Portflow head. Action 3 puck sprung clutch. Yamaha R-1 Carbs. MSD Digital 6

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
im just stuck i dont really know what headers are out there. I mean i know of a couple but i dont think they offer what im looking for. I have a pretty built head crower stg2 cam, valves, valvesprings, and retainers. im just curious what you guys would think work best with that app
4-1 design works well for high rpm
4-2-1 is better for midrange torque
1 piece is lighter than 2

Bisimoto 4-1 header is the best flowing for a race engine but it's hella expensive. $800 +

SMSP is another excellent 4-1 1 piece but it's also hella expensive $600+

A good compromise is the DC Sports ceramic coated for $300 shipped. Still a good 4-1 design, light 1 piece that won't crack.

·
Registered
857 Posts
If you're serious about it, and ready to spend $500...1000 for header, look/ask for Bisimoto, SMSP or HyTech, they all have "shelf"-models and make custom stuff too.
If you just want something else(better?) than stock and want it cheap, search eBay.

Just my two cents

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Rage has one for the D's too . I believe its a 4-1 for around $550

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so bisi, hytech they are the ones to use? i have heard of rage how good are they? how much did you pay for your portflow head? and where

·
Registered
857 Posts
Bisimoto cam, springs, retainers. Bisimoto Header, ARIAS pistons. Portflow head. Action 3 puck sprung clutch. Yamaha R-1 Carbs. MSD Digital 6
Could you be more specific? Level 3 or X cam? CR? head flow chart available anywhere, pics? what valves? 8) Sorry for off-topic, just interested.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Could you be more specific? Level 3 or X cam? CR? head flow chart available anywhere, pics? what valves? 8) Sorry for off-topic, just interested.
yeah i wanna see this 200WHP setup too... :noway:

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
When it goes on someones dyno I will show you all the charts. Wont say whats all in it. Should be within the next couple months though

1 - 20 of 44 Posts