Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have a y7 and i want more power out of it. i want to slap a y8 head on the block but, the damn motor seems to be pretty hard to find in my area of arizona and so i was curious what i could throw on instead of a y8 that would just bolt right up. i've never done a "mini me" and i hang with people with b-series that are boosted or n/a built. so they can't really give me any advice. i want to have v-tec on this head and for it to be cost affective. Im re-building my motor anyways so i figured what a better time while i have the motor out then to do this. Im also looking for the ecu and an hydro obd2 ex trans. I have a 96 ek to help with the details.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there a different head gasket i can use instead of the y7 that will bump up the compression a lil?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well as of right now not sure. i will end up boosting in the end. but right now i just want some more power..

·
Registered
857 Posts
I recommend you to get Edelbrock or Skunk2 intake manifold, if you still have the Y7 stock one. It should boost the performance nicely, and it'll be very good for boosted engine too.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Or even a Y8 intake mani + some sort of intake kit (SRI or CAI) and then a Y8 or Z6 gearbox.
Those 2 mods were the most noticable on my Y7 set up.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Or even a Y8 intake mani + some sort of intake kit (SRI or CAI) and then a Y8 or Z6 gearbox.
Those 2 mods were the most noticable on my Y7 set up.
+1 for the s40/s20 trans swap. shorter gearing will pep it up ALOT could throw in a new flywheel/clutch while you're at it too... just dont' get a stupid stiff clutch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts