Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe mine is on the way out. It blows bubbles into my overflow can. New cap and new thermostat didn't fix it. The question is which to get? Summit racing sells Mr. Gasket for ~$70. Should I go to the local Honda dealer or ???
OEM Honda?
Napa?
Cometic?
Mr. Gasket?

Thanks
-John
JDM D15B
Greddy kit ~5psi

D

·
0 Posts
I will be using a OEM coppersprayed also, and of course with ARP studs

·
Shoot me!
6,890 Posts
I used an oem with arp headstuds on a y8 Im having the same problem now for about 1.5 months i installed it sept last year at 10psi greddy kit. I in the process of building a motor i purchased a cometic HP gasket for the new build. I dont know how the mr gasket head gaskets are but there exhaust manifold gasket i bought when i put my turbo in sept leaked like a motherfucker. so i torqed it down more still leaks i wasnt to impressed with mr gasket.

·
Registered
162 Posts
HKS metal head gaskets are good for boosted applications. Then again, I think most D-series (not the DOHC D's) already havemetal head gaskets.

P

·
0 Posts
the best head gasket ever it was the cometic hp series and it was discontinuo cause of some dome f#$#ks that din't know how to intall it. but the regular cometic works fine

·
Registered
758 Posts
yup my hg blew and it is being replaced with the OEM one, then agian mine blew because my radiator took a quick dive on the freeway... :(

·
ministry of mayhem!
5,673 Posts
oem if you're n/a; cometic if you're turboed. hope it helps.

edit: ARP studs

1 - 20 of 37 Posts