Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeaaaa I uhh ran the stock PCV system for a long time plus I had some oil leak problems for a while and it ran almost completely out of oil twice...and this is what I got for it.

Good thing I just got my B16A with my ITR trans, ITR cams, ITR throttle body, AEBS intake manifold, and Megan header back lol. Swapping it in this weekend. Lesson learned. Next time I boost, make a good venting system.

·
Registered
271 Posts
damn, u just dynoed ur car too...

seems like apexi turbo are causing bad luck for owners
hope mine dont give me problems

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol yea I just got everything finished. It's alright though. I had fun with it. Im putting my B16 back in and I'll build on that eventually.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
YUP! the very overlooked PCV!!!! unreleased BLOW BY is a BITCH!!!:mikej:
got a question for u tho... just curious how ur ignition timing was when u dynoed your car, and what kind of A/F u where around, cause i got the same motor 10psi but running a larger turbo. another thing, if u kept your stock flywheel u would of made more torqe.. :)

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
how much does it cost to replace the pcv valve? i havent replaced mine since ive had the car and i dont think its been replaced at all.......it has 170,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
how should you go about and upgrade the pcv system? catch can?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
hmmmm.....i wonder if i should run a catch can for my 300whp setup......im sure it would be a good idea.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Just a heads up for those who are boosted and still have a PCV valve. Not only will it blow by it will eventualy blow the spring and stopper right out of the valve. So where does it go? The motor EATS IT!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Just a heads up for those who are boosted and still have a PCV valve. Not only will it blow by it will eventualy blow the spring and stopper right out of the valve. So where does it go? The motor EATS IT!
does a catch can eliminate the pcv valve?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
u dont need a catch can....if u dont car about polluting then do what i do...:p remove your PCV valve and run a hose from your valve cover and the black box behind your block out....just vent the hoses down toward the back of your car....that is the easiest and cheapest way to release crank pressure (blow by) ...a lot of people dont know this so they dont vent the blow by and u end up like this person...the reason why he was leaking oil was because the pressure had no where to go so they started blowing out of his seals causing oil leaks and eventually working the ring lands causing catastrophic failer!...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Ya, what is the best setup for the pcv when boosted? Someone give some insight. Right now I have all the parts to mine, but we disconnected it at the nipple on the intake manifold, not on the plenum but the one between the runners.

Give some insight or diagram.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
how much does it cost to replace the pcv valve? i havent replaced mine since ive had the car and i dont think its been replaced at all.......it has 170,000 miles on it.
i think there like 4 or 5 bucks dude...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
5,973 Posts
dude, couldnt you hear the motor was low on oil..?

i dodnt know about anyone else but my motor makes a distingt sound when it's low on oil/water... i pay close attention to that cause i dont pop my hood and check levals daily...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts