Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im going to replace my 2 gauges on my pillar(the ones on there are cheap junk), and a shift light. Im def. getting a boost gauge but what should the other one be? I was thinking oil pressure? Or A/F?
Also what do you guys sudgest for gauge brand? Im going with a "blue" scheme on the interior for all my lighting so i was thinking autometer cobalt? I do really like the looks of the garrett boost gauge though...

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
if you have a wideband, id say go A/F

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
boost
AF
oil pressure
exhaust temp. cant remeber what the guage is called but its hella expensiv

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
exhaust temp. cant remeber what the guage is called but its hella expensiv
pyrometer I picked mine up used w/ gauge for $25 :dunno:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I'm getting the stewart warner maximum performance gauges. Boost/vacuum, oil pressure, water temp, fuel pressure gauges and AEM or PLX wideband.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you have a wideband, id say go A/F
dude... sarah chaulke(elliot reed) is by far my big "celebrity crush"... that girls is freakin amazing:thehump:
I say you get the basic vitals oil pressure temp water temp boost and A/F
oil press and oil temp? is oil temp necassary?
isnt ur temp gauge in the stock cluster a water temp gauge?
ya, def getting a boost gauge
and i just have a narrowband a/f in there now... i really dont want to spring for a wideband...
is an egt really necassary for these cars? i know in diesels its a must but i havent heard of many running egt's in imports...

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
I say you get the basic vitals oil pressure temp water temp boost and A/F
x9000 for water temp, thats the reason my first build died, the stupid honda stock temp gauge finally started to rise after my cylinder walls had alluminum on them.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,425 Posts
I'll be getting one as soon as I can get a ECU chipped for my automatic.

The case is anodized alum., which is not cheap!

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
on the site it sais you can have 1 gauge at full screen or up to 8 gauges in one screen, i assume you get to choose what gauges are on the screen???

this is important as i dont want to have to constantly change screens, i want to see all the gauges i want in that one screen

does anyone have one of these yet? how do you like it?

where would you wire this into? obviuosly i dont have a obt2 port, and god knows i dont have bluetooth...

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
Im somewhat in the same boat. I ordered a "gauge cluster pod" so that gives me 2 spaces to fill up. Im thinking a/f and oil .....unless yall can change my mind? ha. Im picking up my gauges from a guy off clist in a couple days ......boost, a/f, and oil (autometer) for only $50! I do plan on boosting my hoopdy soon so ....i guess ill just put a gauge somewhere else. Ill customize something up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts