Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
which fuel rails mount with Y8 intake manifold?

I have an A6 intake manifold and fuel rail, etc., on my Y7 head. I'm interested in swapping in a Y8 manifold, but am not sure what other pieces I may need besides the manifold itself. I've seen pics of the Y8 installed and it looks like the fuel rail is different than the A6. Anybody know of the compatibility issues on this one?

-ic

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm...
don't have a Y7 manifold and fuel rail on my setup.
I've only got an A6 manifold and fuel rail. (The Y7 replaced my blowed up A6).
I'm gonna see if I can somehow make the A6 rail fit first. :???:

-ic

·
Registered
28 Posts
The a6 rail mounts up completly different and also has a weaker fuel pressure regulator but i will tell you this much for sure i have found out first hand with my y8 motor the fuel rail and regulator are totally different then any other model civic the regulators fuel port is offset up kind of in a triangle shape.You can only use a y8 regulator on a y8 fuel rail the rail will not accept any other civic regulator.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
y7 stuff fits on the y8 also

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've found elsewhere that you can use other fuel rails, but you have to modify them a little (ie, new mounting holes). It's not the ideal setup, but you can make it work.
Also, I've got an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on my A6 fuel rail and would like to not have to install it on another fuel rail.

-ic

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
i've looked into modifying a non-y8 fuel rail to work on a y8 manifold. There are only 2 mounting points on the y8 manifold. One of these mounting points lines up with a divit on the z6/b7 fuel rail (i don't know if a6 fuel rails are different). So, really, you would only be able to secure it on one side if you were to drill new holes in the fuel rail. I don't think it will work well... but you're welcome to try.

As for mounting the old adj. FPR on the y8 fuel rail... that might work, but you'd still need to drill new holes. These would have to be threaded as well... so just as much work.

F

·
0 Posts
buy a full Y* IM complete

I happen to have one ported to 62mm complete with injectors and fuel rail 110

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ff lotus said:
buy a full Y* IM complete

I happen to have one ported to 62mm complete with injectors and fuel rail 110
Nice try. But mines already in the mail for $40. I'm cheep, have the means to do port work myself and will figure out how to make the A6 rail work. :p

-ic

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
i got a ghetto idea... cut off the mounts, then just zip-tie the fuel rail onto the injectors/manifold by wrapping it around the runners :)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
makku said:
i got a ghetto idea... cut off the mounts, then just zip-tie the fuel rail onto the injectors/manifold by wrapping it around the runners :)
if that's what it takes ;-)

-ic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts