Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen it on B series and I dont know if it works with D's but I've seen some pics of motors with no distributor and they have an ignition module for spark timing. I was just wondering what this is, or whats its called, and if I can get it for my D and what your thoughts are on it. thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what are the advantages of the coils? or msd ignition?

·
Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
5,880 Posts
its a DIS or distributor less system the ECU does the timing instead of the dizzy cause there isn't one the advantage of this is 1 less moving parts (always a good thing) 2 the coil is where the electical discharge comes from so the closer that is to the spark plug the better can't do shit for plugs and wires but good setup from the factory

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
dohdoh420 said:
I have seen it on B series and I dont know if it works with D's but I've seen some pics of motors with no distributor and they have an ignition module for spark timing. I was just wondering what this is, or whats its called, and if I can get it for my D and what your thoughts are on it. thanks
only very expensive ecu's can control the coil on plug as of now.. aem, autronic, haltech and a few others..

some on pgmfi.org are trying to figure it out using the honda computer but as of now no ones talkin on the boards.. its still gonna use the distributor but only for the sensors. cant wait for that even if its wasted spark, cop is kick ass.

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,176 Posts
wait... the newer hondaqs have coilpacks? hmmm... I might be able to make something to fire coilpacks using the distributor... maybe this is doable... I would just make a seperate set of sensors (inside the dist instead of rotor) to fire individual coils.... not too tough to do actually....

time to get out the ol electronics books.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts