Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
'97 HB
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
A few D-series variants are labelled ZC (usually JDM), but they are not truly a different series.

The non-VTEC SOHC ZC is similar to the D16A6 (but with slightly more agressive cam)

The VTEC SOHC ZC is identical to the D16Z6

The DOHC ZC is similar to the D16A1, D16A3, D16A8, D16A9 and D16Z5 engines.

it is just a diffrent label for the same/similar thing.
Thank you very much sir. Engine code is what I was looking for.

·
Registered
95 civic coupe
310 Posts
i dunno man, i found it to be worth it, and the sohc is the way to go because of price, potential power gains. the extra 100-200 could be put into a cam for a sohc, then making just as much if not more torque and anywhere form 5-10 more horse power. so soch is the way.

damn someone already jumped on the neg rep for this guy, haha

·
Registered
735 Posts
its all what you (the owner) wants. i went dohc ZC cause i found one for 100 bucks. so i built it. but if i were helping somone wanting to swap out there stock motor i would probly tell them to just get a Z6/Y8..

i also like how its not a USDM option. (makes me feel special LOL)

·
Registered
735 Posts
and keep the ZC intake. its beeter then your y7 aswell. thats a popular swap for more power on a y7.

could be wrong but it looks like a y8 intake mani.

·
Registered
'97 HB
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I going for bang for the buck! I could do a lot of work to the Y7, or I could refresh an engine thats already more powerful to start with.

·
Registered
735 Posts
the internals are the same. but the cam is a little better. if you plan on putting a cam in either way i would build your Y7 and do a mani swap. thats just me. GL either way!

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
can someone drop the ban hammer on this guy? he has no respect,

and does meth because he thinks a dohc zc has vtackz

21 - 40 of 58 Posts