·
Registered
'97 HB
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
354 Posts
that looks like a y8 but im not 100% sure. y7 and y8 are not the same y8 has vtec y7 does not, the y7 has a different intake and exhaust manifold

·
Banned
16 Posts
no. it is a d series zc motor... its a pretty good price to and an easy swap for your car.. i think it should be a direct bolt in.. but the same site has a ZC 88-92 (Civic) DOHC Long Block for $599.00.. its a better engine but harder swap.. so worth it man.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
no. it is a d series zc motor... its a pretty good price to and an easy swap for your car.. i think it should be a direct bolt in.. but the same site has a ZC 88-92 (Civic) DOHC Long Block for $599.00.. its a better engine but harder swap.. so worth it man.
Every Sohc Honda engine is a D series?

And how is the ZC dohc a better engine?

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts

·
Banned
16 Posts
let me brake it down for you stupid people.. (sohc) means single over head cam.. (dohc) means dual over head cam.. you can get more (hp) horse power out of a dohc engine. for a cheaper price too.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
let me brake it down for you stupid people.. (sohc) means single over head cam.. (dohc) means dual over head cam.. you can get more (hp) horse power out of a dohc engine. for a cheaper price too.
Let me break it down for you!
Where not supid, we no what engine codes are, And good luck trying to get more power out of a dohc ZC then a sohc ZC. LOL at your n00bness.
they dont make zc dohc vtec?
Bwahahahahahahaha!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
really? can you explain why the zc is still considering a d-series. not all single cams and stronger then a dually. i think someone needs to go back into their hole and learn somemore before talking about motors. lolz

·
Registered
95 civic coupe
310 Posts
wow man you are barking u the wrong tree here, t-mack and cmgreen just brok it down for you, you might want to go back to HT because thats is one argument you will loose here

·
Banned
16 Posts
lmao thats a bet dohc comes with 129 hp stock and sohc comes with 122 hp stock.. plus the dohc has more trqqq haha ahahahahahahahaha ahahahha sit down and learn lol get your pen and paper and take notes

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
lmao thats a bet dohc comes with 129 hp stock and sohc comes with 122 hp stock.. plus the dohc has more trqqq haha ahahahahahahahaha ahahahha sit down and learn lol get your pen and paper and take notes
You don't evn know weather or not a ZC dohc has vtec or not first of all......Second those are crank hp numbers on an old engine??

Where talking about build for build from the bottom up (something you've obvioulsy never done before) a dohc ZC is a waste of time and money. why don't you ask Remo about that?? Or better yet checkout his thread??

Please stop trying to act like you know anything, your n00bness is shining through heavily right now!

·
Registered
735 Posts
really? can you explain why the zc is still considering a d-series. not all single cams and stronger then a dually. i think someone needs to go back into their hole and learn somemore before talking about motors. lolz
A few D-series variants are labelled ZC (usually JDM), but they are not truly a different series.

The non-VTEC SOHC ZC is similar to the D16A6 (but with slightly more agressive cam)

The VTEC SOHC ZC is identical to the D16Z6

The DOHC ZC is similar to the D16A1, D16A3, D16A8, D16A9 and D16Z5 engines.

it is just a diffrent label for the same/similar thing.

i wouldn't say the DOHC is a waste of money. and Remoer has had some bad luck/experience with it. but thats not how they all are. its deff not somthing exciting over another D. i have a DOHC zc, love it. but wish i would've gone with a Z6 for simplicity...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts