Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, would like to know what else can I use from the my SI, I already took the engine, tranny, harness, p28 computer, gauge cluster, interior. is there anything else I can use from the SI to make my DX better, like suspension ect... or any other thing that the DX didn't came with. Im about to say by to my SI but will like to know what else I can take out.
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Si came with front and rear sway bars. Grab the rear lower control arms and everything that goes with the rear sway bar.

Si came with rear discs. Grab the trailing arms and all the things related to the rear brakes.

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
ek or eg?..... eg's have sway bars?

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
take everything thats good the stuff you dont use put on ebay

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not all EG Si's came with a rear swaybar. Good call on the rear disks. Front lca's and front swaybar. The only other thing I can think of is the power steering.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
solo-x said:
Not all EG Si's came with a rear swaybar.
I'm not an EG guy so I figured they all did. Oh well, maybe he's one of the lucky ones.

solo-x said:
Good call on the rear disks.
Thanks.

solo-x said:
Front lca's and front swaybar.
I thought DX's had a front sway bar already? Guess not, huh?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
dont forget hte proportioning valve and master cylinder if your doing hte brake swap!

·
Registered
229 Posts
you dont need power steering.
You should preface that with "IMO". I wouldn't want my car to NOT have p/s, but I didn't tell the OP he had to have it, just that it's another thing he might want.

I'm pretty sure the EG DX's didn't have any swaybars. I'm open for correction on that. I'm positive that not all Si's came with rear swaybars though. Mine didn't and I've seen a multitude of them at junkyards that didn't come with a rear swaybar stock either.

Check on the master cylinder. I can't remember which one my Si has. I'd find a 15/16 master cylinder though if I were going to go through the hassle of swapping a master cylinder.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
SI front brakes are also bigger than DX ones
Si's have front sway bars.
Take the front subframe/PS out

·
Registered
229 Posts
SI front brakes are also bigger than DX ones
Si's have front sway bars.
Take the front subframe/PS out
No, the Si's don't have bigger front brakes. Not in an EG chassis at least, and not when talking about non-abs cars, US built/sold cars. DX and Si's have the same front caliper/pad. They both utilize a 9" rotor. Everything else is accurate. Front bar is a 21mm unit, same as 92-95 Civic EX's. IF it has a rear bar I think those are 13mm. 14mm for the GSR, 15mm for the Del Sol VTEC Si.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the rear trailing with the rear disc set up already. Front brakes well its the same size as my DX, maybe because I have a 92, they told me that 94-95 have the front upgrade brakes. I have the brake booster, master cylinder and propoltion valve. are the SI shocks any diffrent thatn the DX?
also don't know this for a fact yet but I belived that the SI didn't come with power windows. I already have the full interior out. Someone mention the front and rear swaybars I just have to figure out how to take those out.
anything else guys?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I check my SI and it doesn't have rear sway bar, is this an upgrade for the the later years 94-95 ones? I belived it has a front one Im almost sure that I saw one. Now are all SI come with sway bar or this is a EX coupe and sedan thing?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, I have the brake booster and the proportion valve, but if everything on the SI and DX reads the same, should I change it anyway? Also the brakes if the caliper and everything else is the same do I have to change it?
I'm taking everything apart like I did with the rear trailing arms, Im putting new rotors, bolts, lug nuts, pads, lines,fluids and I'm painting everything.
I just don't want to go thru all the hassle of taking stuff apart that I don't need. My car being a 93 SI came with all disc brakes, but the front are the same sizes as the rear. I belived 92-93 came like that. I belived my DX front rotor came with the same size as the SI. Can anyone verify this info, I just want to put everything together already and don' waste any time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts