Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the Z6 and the Y8 what exactly does the OBD do?
What I mean is, if you were to not have the OBD all there, such as swapping into a OBD0/1 car, you'd still have the head and the flow, just no vtec right?

this is just me wondering what else it all factors into.

Steven Folchi

·
Registered
209 Posts
your car wont run right.. if you have obd1 ecu.. you need odb1 distributor.. and vs versa.

Just do it the right way and you wont have problems.

Granny Wagon
237 Posts
obd is just what generation of computer the car is running.
yes. and OBD stands for On Board Diagnostics. it's part of an international standard, i'm not great with the details. point is it's different generations of software and supporting hardware combined hence why the distributors aren't interchangable, the ecus are looking for different wires and sensor outputs. if you don't know much about an ecu and electronics then steer well clear of trying to interchange. it gets messy!

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
CARB make OBD from cardboard box and pair of mittens. Then OBD and CARB make super ninja field hockey team and the jersey say "All your emission are belong to us!" And they sell polish sausage at game

·
Premium Member
A lot
2,028 Posts
CARB make OBD from cardboard box and pair of mittens. Then OBD and CARB make super ninja field hockey team and the jersey say "All your emission are belong to us!" And they sell polish sausage at game
:punk:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts