Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering when some of u guys say get some good horsepower with good tuning ? where can u get it tuned at ? i know i sound like a noob ... well because i am :) anyone help me out ?

·
Registered
185 Posts
"tuning" means adjusting things such as the amount of fuel going into your motor, timing, ignition, etc. to gain the most horsepower possible out of your engine. you can do this yourself or take it to a tuner shop with a dyno.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks , i was confused lol thanks for your reply

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, ok guess ill have to look around for a dyno shop here havent ever heard anyone ever talk about one here in oklahoma , im sure there is one though . so when i get there and ask them that they will know what im talking about ?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well im still all stock :( i know its sad lol but i was wanting to get all the knowledge i can before i begin modding it .... right now im just sitting on a y8 stock setup

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
97HondaCivicEx said:
well im still all stock :( i know its sad lol but i was wanting to get all the knowledge i can before i begin modding it .... right now im just sitting on a y8 stock setup
There is nothing to be ashamed of here....always best to learn before you do something, not after!

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
you might try searching Hondata's site for local tuners... they specialize in selling and tuning Hondata systems. You probably don't want that, because there are free alternatives, but at least they'll tell you where the dynos are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts