1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
So with the switch off it'll boost whatever spring you have in the wastegate? With switch on you'll boost whatever boost you set it too? Sorry if I'm being slow.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So with the switch off it'll boost whatever spring you have in the wastegate? With switch on you'll boost whatever boost you set it too? Sorry if I'm being slow.

Yes, I understand that

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
thats not what the second one is at all... from what i understand it works just like the boost control through eCtune or s300 works, pulsewidth
doesn't look like it, wheres the controller box? why doesn't it mention inputs for RPMs, MAP, etc.

looks like it just dutycycles a solenoid based on the trimmer knob you see.
probably uses a 555 circuit in the switch housing to generate the PW

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
doesn't look like it, wheres the controller box? why doesn't it mention inputs for RPMs, MAP, etc.

looks like it just dutycycles a solenoid based on the trimmer knob you see.
probably uses a 555 circuit in the switch housing to generate the PW
eh maybe i worded it wrong...it is just controlling the duty cycle of the solenoid but thats how i understood the s300 to work (pardon my newbness in this area). Im assuming that its all built in to that switch housing where the dial is. Its not as sophisticated as a $$$ ebc or as tuneable, but for that cheap its hard to pass up. Its like having an mbc that you can adjust on the fly that has two settings, not just a two stage mbc with an on/off solenoid

·
3,983 Posts
eh maybe i worded it wrong...it is just controlling the duty cycle of the solenoid but thats how i understood the s300 to work (pardon my newbness in this area). Im assuming that its all built in to that switch housing where the dial is. Its not as sophisticated as a $$$ ebc or as tuneable, but for that cheap its hard to pass up. Its like having an mbc that you can adjust on the fly that has two settings, not just a two stage mbc with an on/off solenoid
that is how the s300 works, but the hondata and ectune boost control uses the MAP and RPM and gear data from the ECU, and a mapped boost control.

this thing looks like it just has a fixed duty cycle, not the benefits of a real EBC

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
what is the best EBC out there. i dont wanna get a manual and i have been looking now and all i see is like 300 bucks there has to be some cheaper ones.

·
3,983 Posts
what is the best EBC out there. i dont wanna get a manual and i have been looking now and all i see is like 300 bucks there has to be some cheaper ones.
I'm designing one, but it won't be done for awhile

1 - 19 of 19 Posts