Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
the honda
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for something cheap and fun to mess around with and I stumbled upon a forum about said cars. It seems like they have a lot of potential but I don't have any personal experience with them. I had seen some videos on the YouTube and they seem pretty solid. The 88-92 probe is a 2.2l turbo same motor as the mx6 gt while the 93-97 probe (which looks better than the 88-92 IMO) is a 2.5l na v6. All of these I see can be had for around 1500 here. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Junk.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
My brother has a 88 Mazda 323 GT Turbo (from the same family as the one you mention) only about 2,000 were made for america, and what this car package offer was pretty impressive. It came with a L4 1.6 6BT engine that althou is small it can hold a punch.

I can Honestly said that my brothers car is one of the cleanest in the nation. I love it that is a 4 door turbo sedan, its like having a Mazda Speed old skool. Not bad for a car that was sitting 10 years under a tree, and now it has wan best original paint a few times already.

I'm a big time fan of old skool import cars, specially Japanese, so when you can get an old car and apply new technology that wasn't available then a lot of this car have incredible potential the only drawback is that it can be a pain in the but to find parts for it, specially body and interior parts.

PS- I will pick the MX6 vs the ford probe.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had a 89 probe gt 2.2 turbo i did a t3/t4 on 9psi it was fun and i could of thrown a lot more boost at it but it was also my daily driver... there isn't very many upgrades you have to do everything custom it's a lot more time money and effort than it's worth at 9psi i made 220whp240tq but ehh no revs late boost.... I paid $500 for my car it wasn't worth it....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts