oem headgasket
stock y8 head
440 cc injectors
walboro 255lph fuel pump
hondata s300 on p28ecu
drag manifold
turbonetics t3/t4
3 bar map sensor

car previously put down 210atw @ 11psi on a stock cat. want to get close to 300atw as possible. this is my dd. is this set up good for a 300hp motor?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Should be ok depending on the a/r of the turbo. The 440's will get you to right at 300 whp, but they will be close to if not maxed out. You may want to go a little bigger to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
thats the almost same build i am building right now and im thinking around 270-280 and that is gonna be sweet lol

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Your setup is capable of hitting 300HP+ with no sweat, but the 440cc injectors is probably what is going to hold you back so is your stock cat.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as the car sits right now its open d/p. i have a 3'' d/p i made, but because of how big it is i couldnt have the car as low as i wanted. im going to try to get someone to cut it to try to shorten it up. the cat issue has been taken care of. 300 hp here i come! :mikej:

·
Registered
140 Posts
so 300 is a realistic goal with this set up?
Not safely on a tune. 440cc&450cc squirters are about maxed at 290ish wheel. Anytime your getting a flow rating at or above 85% duty cycle - injectors seem to get inconsistent flow ratings...

Your gonna be close to 300 but not at it, sorry. 280Wheel is realistic, 290wheel could happen, 300wheel - forget about it. If you want a safe reliable tune, stick with the 285mark and call it quits...thats still quite a bit of power to the wheels and enough to get urself into trouble :TU:

Need bigger injectors? got a deal going on --->RC Sale *click me*

Good luck with everything and keep us updated on the dyno numbers :TU::TU:

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
you will get around 280 to 290 max with the cat and 450s. how do i know? look at my sig, and i have no cat and high flow exhaust.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just picked up a crower stage 1 cam, along with the crower titanium valve springs and retainers. how much of a pain in the butt is it to degree the cam?

·
Registered
114 Posts
it makes it a lot easier to tune it on a dyno so you can accually see the HP gains while your messing with the timing. But ya 450 dsm injectors top out between 280 to 330 flywheel HP and yes 300 is a very reasonable goal, with bigger injectors, my civic with the same build with 785 injectors ran very strong but ya if i was you i would try and sell your injectors and upgrade to 550's at least imo just to be safe

·
Registered
118 Posts
- Get better and bigger injectors. You can get PTE 680cc for real cheap on eBay.
- No need of the S300, Crome or eCtune do the work for cheap.
- You can go with 300whp no problems. ;)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
yea injectors will limit you im gonna prolly sell my 450's and resistor box and pick up some 525 cc injectors so i can get to 300whp later on.

im jacking this thread for a second do precision injector need the same clips that the RC injectors do as well???

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
ok coo....i have been looking at them and the Tuner Toys injectors 550 cc's for 219+shipping is nice. but does anybody run the TT injectors?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts