Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, here's the deal- i want anywhere from 160-200 hp out of my D16..now i know some will say turbo, but i want N/A power...my current list of mods is as follows:
-CAI
-OBX header
-catless exhaust w/resonator
-AEM fuel rail
-B&M fpr and gauge
-knockoff s.s.
-skunk2 springs

..there are a few other things, but they don't really matter with power at all. now i will be ordering a clutch, and maybe a flywheel, here in the next 1-2 weeks, i also have some injectors, and a tb spacer waiting to be installed. my question to you guys is how much power would you guess i'm making now and what would i need to get to atleast 160?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
If you are talking 160 whp then forget it...You arent even close with your current set up....The all motor guys should chime in soon and they will let you know what you need, other than a ton of cash...

You def need a chipped and tuned ecu with some dyno time though...good luck...

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm not saying i'm close with my current set up, i'm just asking what you guys think i would have with the mods i have right now..honestly i'd be surprised to hit 115, if that, right now..i am also thinking about a new intake manifold, and possibly a throttle body rotor-

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Check out the ANother N/a build by Rushi in the N/a section. He made like 174whp for 4grand. He also baught a Ems which is expensive as hell. Check it out and it is very streetable he even drives it in the winter.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
160-200hp from a n/a d motor is not going to be cheap. its going to require high comp pistons, ported head, aftermarket cam and IM, bigger TB, nice tubular header, etc. etc.

my question is, why are you stuck on staying n/a and wanting such a high hp goal?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it's a 1997 honda civic ex coupe d16y8 motor- i plan on building a head for it sometime this summer(valves, springs, retainers, and a cam), an intake manifold, tb, and like i said those injectors..i will also probably pick up a V-AFC just so i can have some small tune on the thing

·
Registered
340 Posts
Even with a decent crower cam and head work, with a nice tune, you'll probably make around 140whp at best. There isn't anything wrong with 140 whp, but it isn't your goal.

A cheap greddy kit will get you past your 160hp mark easily. I would advise against doing an all-motor sohc in a 6th gen civic.

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
it's a 1997 honda civic ex coupe d16y8 motor- i plan on building a head for it sometime this summer(valves, springs, retainers, and a cam), an intake manifold, tb, and like i said those injectors..i will also probably pick up a V-AFC just so i can have some small tune on the thing
my y8-
a6 block
jg 85vt35 cam
ported by jg
milled 40 thou by jg
3 angle valve job by jg
IM match ported by jg
Big bore JG TB
apexi 4 to 1 header
aem fpr
full exhaust
all this, still in the 130 hp range
but with a 50 dry.........

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok, so what is more reasonable for me to think about-with i/h/e, intake mani, tb spacer, tb, fpr, fuel rail, injectors, ngk plugs and wires, cap and rotor, throttle rotor? and where should i go from there?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.