Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm gonna go pick up a pieced together turbo kit. kinda ghetto, but it's a T25 eclipse turbo on a stock CRX HF manifold with the flange fabricated in. some no name front mount with all the charge piping for my EG. i'm running it on stock internals, stock feul, and a stock ECU. no special aftermarket engine management or anything. prolly gonna run it at about 6 or 7 PSI. do you guys think this sounds like a waste of time? i mean i'm aware it's not gonna give me huge power increases, but i'm getting it for SUPER cheap and wanna know what you guys think it will be capable of giving me in the 1/4 with the given information. thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seriously... lol. but i know what you mean... so what do you guys think as far as horsepower gains?

·
Registered
76 Posts
im sorry man, but just with the post you made, i would have to say you dont know shit about boosting your car, you run it like that and it will blow, so have fun with that

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah...ok. that's not what i asked. the kit is on a daily driven Eg right now... stock everything exactly like me. it's daily driven and commuted 40 miles one way everyday...so i'm pretty sure it's not gonna have any issues. and it will be tuned on crome within the next 3 weeks.

·
needs a D
290 Posts
so does that mean you are going to run the turbo without crome? im having trouble understanding if you are going to be using crome when you install the turbo. because if you are going to install it without any kind of management its not going to run long.

·
Registered
76 Posts
so does that mean you are going to run the turbo without crome? im having trouble understanding if you are going to be using crome when you install the turbo. because if you are going to install it without any kind of management its not going to run long.
^, un-tuned for 3 weeks=boom bitch

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
yeah...ok. that's not what i asked. the kit is on a daily driven Eg right now... stock everything exactly like me. it's daily driven and commuted 40 miles one way everyday...so i'm pretty sure it's not gonna have any issues. and it will be tuned on crome within the next 3 weeks.
Buddy you need at least a FMU if you're not running crome in those 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
rofl, no doubt. just pick up an a FMU at the least. i personally dont like FMUs, but if you say your gettin crome in 3 weeks then you should be ok.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

Your engine have the exact same miles as his?Leak down test numbers? compression test numbers?Exact same oil used over the years?Driven the same way so it has the exact same wear and tear? No two used motors are gonna behave the exact same way,and thats a lot to risk because you assume since it worked for your friend it will work exactly the same for you.

To answer your questions:

No, if its cheap its not a waste of time

Theres a local guy around here, eg hatch d16 vtec std manifold t25,arp studs,cometic gasket,TUNED(key word here) with crome, fmic,2.5 pipes,450s and walbro pump on slicks hes in the 13's and had a dyno with just over 200hp with his car being gutted of everything besides front seats dash door panels and heat/radio.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
not bad.... i see what you are saying about the whole wear and tear thing. he's got almost 60,000 more miles than me. i understand the whole tuning thing too...trust me, i've been around this scene long enough to know that an un-tuned car just isn't gonna run right. which is why it will be tuned ASAP. basically i'm gonna be getting this turbo kit for free and would like to put it to good use. although i have seen turbo installs with stock ECU's, Stock feul...all that good stuff...run just fine, of course they could have been tuned and gained alot of horsepower, but there were no major issues as far as the motor, as long as it was ran at low boost levels. he bought the car about 3 months ago, and it's still running just fine..the only thing he did, was add feul using a VTEC controller. of course, the car WILL be tuned. but i will probably install it and run it for a few weeks UN-tuned and see how it goes. worse comes to worse, i just won't drive the car if it runs crappy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts