Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i can get this kit for $3,250 + shipping and then it was come with a one year warranty on everything too! what do you guys think...going from 106 hp to 200 hp on 8 psi!

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts
Unless it's just me, the link isn't working. Try putting it up again.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hot SETUP lol .. OHH WAIT the link isnt working LOL ha ha h a

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but is that a kit for a D16Y7 DX engine...or what...i'm not sure about building my own kit...i want to be able to buy the kit and install it with no problems or anything that will make my car not able to drive for 2 weeks...i want everything to be ready to go...GReddy would be nice, but they don't have a kit for the DX...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how much? and what about the piggy back system? will that work for the ex to the Dx?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and how much is a Greddy turbo kit and what is the warranty and on 8 psi...the normal from what i've seen, what are the horsepower ratings as well? and does it come with the intercooler?

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
1,892 Posts
its like 1400.. and you can get a JRC intercooler for $200....but you will still need the blow off as well...

it will be cheaper... but still could be done cheaper if you built yourself

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HKS blow off valve on ebay...would take care of that and what about the waste gate and flanges?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well like i said that Turbonetics kit will boost me from 106 hp to 200 hp on the Y7 Non-v-tec engine. everything included and ready to go!...i need to crunch the numbers some more and think about all this shit...AHHH...and one more thing...what is the warranty on the Greddy kit...and since i will have to modify it a bit, would that void the warranty?!

·
Registered
280 Posts
do you know how much more whp you could make for that same price of almost 4000???!!!?! besides it looks like the pic of the kit you have is also for a side mount throttle body, which means you would still have to modify the charge pipes to fit you y7 intake mani, or swap out the mani for a y8 or a z6.

you really should consider building your own kit:

buy a turbo mani
used turbo
external wastegate (if you desire)
fmic
bov
and fuel management (convert to obd1 with a conversion harness, and chip it.)

much cheaper and much better. who needs a warranty anyways?

matt

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
actually i talked to turbonetics and they said the kit will work with that intake manifold...and the kit will only cost me $3,200+shipping. and to build a kit, i wouldn't know where to start...i know i want a T3/T4 turbo...i have always wanted one of those...but where to get a Y7 exhaust manifold that will support a turbo and the piggy back system, and injectors...FUCK!

·
Registered
836 Posts
The greddy kit will easily go to over 200whp, you just have to change the wastegate setting and tuning. I was thinking about the turbonetics kit, but, here's what I got for less than $2800...and I'm sure there's some people who got all they needed for even less...

Greddy Turbo Kit
Intercooler
Autometer Boost Gauge
Autometer Air/Fuel Meter
Autometer Gauge Pod
Blow-Off Valve
BOV Flange
8 NGK Spark Plugs
Y8 Intake Manifold
Wideband O2 Sensor/Controller
Gsport Distributor Cap & Rotor
NGK Spark Plug Wires
Turbo Timer

Good luck with your setup, though, whichever you decide...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts