Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys how do you all feel about using mega squrit engine management systems ? i have one to install on my car because i want to turbo soon but wondering ,whats my d series brothers think

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Megasquirt is a great option for a lot of cars. For a Honda, give me a chipped P28 w/eCtune or Neptune any day. It's got the same kind of capabilities and you don't have to set up or adapt anything.

·
Registered
'95 DX Coupe (Red)
457 Posts
quality product, works well, but considering what a eCtune, or Neptune system can do (or even a crome setup) its kind of redundant on a honda...

^x3

sloopy.

·
Registered
ej1
1,222 Posts
Well you allready spent the money on it but hooking it up is yet to come. It's nice having so many options when tuning advanced tables and I'd take it over an aem for price if you don't need to go that complex but that's a biased opinion. But for a honda? When we run out of honda obd1 ecu's sure if no body ever comes up with a widely available solution for honda's obd2 ecus for a better price than K-pro daughter board setups. Still that's going to exclued all the non serious people just getting turbo set ups for that BOV sound.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
What do I think? Well I think with 2 posts we are not quite brothers yet and Mega Squirt can be found in the little room behind the curtains at your local video store.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
the reason people use megasquirt is cause they dont have the full tuning capabilites we do on chipped ecus. were kinda lucky in that respect

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
how do you all feel about using mega squrit engine management systems?
its pointless, since the honda engine management system is so heavily backed by the industry. MS is a good option for those cars with little to no aftermarket support.

did you happen to look up what kind of sensors MS uses? look it up and price it out for your conversion to those sensors. then look up the price of a hondata s300, ECtune, and crome. you will see why honda owners dont use MS on a normal basis.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry bizzar u dont think we are d brothers u got issues i only posted twice but been a member since 2008 ... anyhow the reason i asked about ms is because i live in the caribbean and chipped ecu is not wide spread, chipped ecu have a lot of support international but not where i live, the ms has a map sensor built in and will use back all the oem sensors, the ms will be wired into the harness at the stock ecu, it also can connect to a laptop for easy road tune the connector is built in...just wanted to know other views..

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
i think its a good standalone DIY ems for the money. some people hate it some people don't. not many people run MS with hondas its usually famous around most cars that don't have good ems available. for us out here in the states its just easier a lot of different programs to tune are available to us. but if it takes MS to make life easier for you then go ahead just read into it as much as you can.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,451 Posts
Give car to Blundar, get car back, don't ask too many questions.

Alot comes down to the rules you have to live under for YOUR racing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts