Honda D Series Forum banner

What do yall think about this turbo?

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  sho_shane 
#1 ·
I got my hands on a .48 Trim T3 Internally Wastegated Air Research Turbo. Im slowly fitting together a Turbo setup but dont know much about it. Kinda learning as I go. Im wondering more about this turbo but mainly if it will get me to my goal of 200WHP?:)

#5 ·
What are the serial numbers on it?

#8 · (Edited)
I would pop the compressor cover an measure the inducer before being so sure on it making 200whp. They make 35 trim, 40 trim, 45 trim, 50 trim, 55 trim, 60 trim, and Super 60 (62 trim) T3 turbos.

The 45 trim may be able to make 200whp but you will pushing it really hard. The 50 trim you would be just fine with as you would be with the 60 and super 60 trim. The 55 trim is a rare breed and I doubt you will find one but if by some stroke of luck you have one then you will be good with it as well.

If you have a 45 trim you can upgrade to a 60 trim with relative ease. A 60 trim .48 and .42 would be a really great daily matchup. To convert it to a 60 trim you would need a 60 trim compressor and compressor cover or have your compressor cover machined to work with it.

T3 inducer sizes:

35 trim = 35.5mm or 1.396"
40 trim = 37.7mm or 1.484"
45 trim = 40.5mm or 1.595"
50 trim = 42.5mm or 1.674"
55 trim = 44.7mm or 1.760"
60 trim = 46.5mm or 1.830"
62 trim = 48.3mm or 1.900"

The 62 trim is the Super 60 T3 compressor. Also the exducer for all the T3 compressor are 60mm or 2.367". I figured this would help you out bro. ANy questions I can help you with just LMK.

Also if you take the time and research the GT25 and GT28 compressors that end with either 59 or 60 you will realize they mirror the T3 compressor sizes.

#10 ·
I thought it looked smallish to me. If it were me and I was addiment about making 200whp I would go ahead and upgrade what you have with a larger compressor. At the same time I would take a look see and see how everything looks inside and go ahead and rebuild for the added piece of mind.

If you are using 200whp just as round about number then I would run what you have and see how you like it. Then you will be ableto make a better decision on what you really want.

#11 ·
Well this turbo is in great shape and I got a great deal on it. I paid 130 for the turbo, Mani, and downpipe. I think ill stick with it and see what it makes. I can upgrade later for more power but this being a all stock motor and my only car I dont want to push it to hard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.