Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought cervan's a6 block for my build, and im starting to order parts for the build. Its getting vitaras, with h-beams... going for 300whp

Now I need to know what i need to bring to the machine shop to get the job done, heres the list ive gathered so far:
Vitara 75.5mm pistons
H-Beam Connecting Rods
.037" head gasket
Rod/Main Bearings/Journal Bearing
Seals
T-Belt
Crank(crank is not in the motor now)
ARP Headstuds

The front and rear main seals are new on the motor, now i dont know the location of these, and dont know if you need new ones everytime you dig into the block? so do i need to bring him new ones?

Anything else you guys can think of that I need to bring? I want to get this done in one shot and not have to wait and order stuff along the way etc.

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
are they assembling it for you? if so, why?

to bore it and notch it, they will just need pistons with wrist pins and clips get spiral clips if you can (and have them number each piston per cylinder), Rods and the crank girdle and its bolts... the girdle and block both have to be notched... and they need the girdle to get it set in the jig..

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
I just bought cervan's a6 block for my build, and im starting to order parts for the build. Its getting vitaras, with h-beams... going for 300whp

Now I need to know what i need to bring to the machine shop to get the job done, heres the list ive gathered so far:
Vitara 75.5mm pistons Good good, make sure there made by YCP
H-Beam Connecting Rods Yep good here
.037" head gasket Z6 headgasket.
Rod/Main Bearings/Journal Bearing I have the mains and new thrust washers, youll need to get some rod's
Seals Got the seals too
T-Belt Only thing i dont have
Crank(crank is not in the motor now) Yep.
ARP Headstuds yep!

The front and rear main seals are new on the motor, now i dont know the location of these, and dont know if you need new ones everytime you dig into the block? so do i need to bring him new ones?

Anything else you guys can think of that I need to bring? I want to get this done in one shot and not have to wait and order stuff along the way etc.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did you sleep at all last night? LOL

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what are you getting done at the machine shop? if its just a bore/hone/cleaning bring the block with the main cap/girdle on, and bring your pistons.
just boring it... hes putting on the head and doing the timing too. i want to redo the bearings as its going to be a high hp motor

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
well just give him your block and main cap with the pistons, tell him your PTW, get the block back throw it together, then bring it back for him to put the head on

putting a head on and setting your timing is very easy and straight forward.

get a helms manual off hondatech.info, its free. and you learn a lot too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts