Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Honda Civic Coupe
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently running the e-manage on my D16Y8 with the greddy 19T turbo kit @ 8psi.

I am planning on building up my internals and running 18psi with my turbo setup. My questions:

Could I run 18psi using the e-manage since it taps into the map sensor?

Do I need to purchase a 3bar map sensor?

Can I run a missing link or would that alter the e-manage since it is hooked up to the map sensor?

·
Registered
99 Honda Civic Coupe
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but running a chipped ecu requires a conversion to OBD1 and for emission purposes i would fail and thus lead to not being able to drive the car.....

·
Registered
EG Final Year
893 Posts
Hey about the emission I was reading something where this guy took BMW air blower thing and what it does I think is it adds fresh air to the exhaust so that the cars pass emissions or have lower ratings. Try searching for it, I think it was a BMW 320 or something.

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah I've heard volvo's also have this air indution to the exhaust system. There's nothing in the visual inspection to give away the fact that it's chipped. Chipped ECU's are much safer, as long as it's tuned for your setup and not just someone elses basemap.

·
Registered
99 Honda Civic Coupe
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
physically i think the car would pass the roller test, but they plug in the obd scanner and if i don't have an obd2 ecu then its an automatic fail

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
WOW, that sucks. They don't do any of that shit in WA.

Convert to obd1 than just put your obd2 back in, in a parking lot near by. they don't rev it up high, so I wouldn't worry about it. Or get a b&m fpr and raise the fuel pressure abit to be on the safe side and take a little timming out of the dizzy. It should be all good just throwing a ob2 ecu in before the test.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts