Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to get a ef ex(?) with the stock motor/tranny. I have a spare d16y8 with a bent valve and i want to put it in the ef. What parts can i use off of that stock motor(d15 i believe) and also the guy who is selling me the car also has other dseries parts z6 head, d15 block(bored) and some d seris integra pistons and rods, so what all can i use and do i need for this swap to work??

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
use the Z6 head on the Y8 block. use the OBD0 disty (as long as its not a DX), OBD0 injectors and alternator. what ecu do you plan on running? PR3? or are you doing OBD0-->OBD1?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol you lost me quick im sorry but i am a noob to sohc's so i dont know what ecu to use and such, so put the z6 head on the y8 block btw i found the intake mani for the y8 shud i use it? umm use the d15 alt., dist. k why shud i use those injectors? oh yea i think the ef is a dx so what trans shud i use?
this is confusing bc ive never put a motor together b4 i jus need a little help with finding which parts i need

y8 block
z6 head
trans(?)
dist(?)
alt(?)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
dx is dpfi, correct? you're gonna have to convert that to mpfi...
use an ex tranny (i dk if the y and z seriesr are inter-changable...)
I dk what the vtec obd0 ecu is, but if you do a obd0->obd1 swap you will need a p28...

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
the only OBD0 vtec ecu is the PR3. as for the tranny, try to get an Si/EX, but if not the DX will do you fine. and yea you will have to switch over to MPFI which requires wiring 4 wires(2 for the disty and 2 for the other 2 injectors), use OBD0 injectors and alternator.

·
Registered
EK 96
422 Posts
buy the rods and pistons from de acura the rods are stronger than the stock Y8 block.and use the PM7 pistons the build a N/A

1 - 7 of 7 Posts