Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
Could be elevntybillion things. We need more info. Is the amp getting power? Are his speakers getting the signal from the radio or the amp? If its getting the signal from the amp I say its a bad amplifier. I've seen this scenario a shit load more than a bad radio. Where did he buy everything? Specifics por favor.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
do a continuity test on all the speakers.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Could be elevntybillion things. We need more info...
Yup, Grey - gonna need some nitty gritty if ya got it. I'm curious how he's got it wired - sound like he's got something running off the HU. How do the tweeters fit into this mix?

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
if the speakers pop when you first turn the radio on, then one of them is grounding out causing none of them to sound.

check the one that is poping (if that is the case) before you fry the driver in the amp

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
hee hee,... I just got it bone :)

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
I like this one.......radio works but CD doesn't.

Happened to the same guy twice.

First time.......no CD in the HU, DOH!

We told him he needed a CD in the HU for it to work. When he left all us installers about died laughing. SO loud Carl the store owner had to come quiet us down as it was scaring the customers.

About an hour later the kid comes back, goes to the showroom instead, talks to Carl. CD player STILL doesn't work. Carl grabs a demo CD and goes to the kids vehicle, inserts the CD and about goes deaf as the volume was cranked, but got the HU to work.

He headed straight for the install bays and busts a gut, now knew why we were laughing so hard!

The kid went to Walgreens and bought a BLANK CD and put it in.

Some people you just can't help............LAUGHING AT!

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
HAH!

That's kinda like this guy who thought this stop leak stuff was for his oil not coolant.

Came back the next day with a grenaded motor and when we started assessing the damage we found the oil pickup completely covered by the copper shit in the stop leak.

Good times.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts