Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i found a good deal on some konig rollers! I have a EG hatch and im looking to get some 15x8 with a 32+ offset. I will be getting them with fallen ziex 195/50/15 tires. There is a choice between "virtual smoke" (glossy black) or a silver color. My car is a custom blue/ green. Since my car has painted side skirts, lip, and duck bill i would easily say silver. However im switching to factory black side skirts, and a carbon bys wing and lip and i think the "virtual smoke" would look sick with the contrasting black colors. Im spending 620$ on rims and tires (includes mounting and balancing of tires). Im also willing to take suggestions on other rims in that price range so if you have a suggestion please let me know! THANKS!

Silver pros:
-More common, i believe it will resale better than the black
-cheaper (black color adds 10$ to each wheel)
-Safe way out, i believe my car will look good with silver no matter what

Black pros:
-being different, no one has black konig rollers on and e.g. (not on google images anyway and i REALLY REALLY want to not be like all other eg's haha
-If it will look like what i imagine it, I would pick it over the silver

This is what the rims look like:
Google Image Result for http://www.hidny.com/images/categories/Roller.jpg

This is basically my car except i have blackies on, mugen style lip, spoon style mirrors, and a spoon duckbill. Everything is painted the same color as your see here:

Google Image Result for http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2379/2228042606_663a7a7640.jpg

Minty Fresh Street Civic - TunerZine.com - Your Online Automotive Magazine! Street Racing, Drift, Import Cars, Models, JDM

·
Registered
94 Del Sol si
491 Posts
Id do the black for sure! Those look like bbs meshes. Very classy wheels.

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
The other pro vs con that you left out is... how will it look rolling?

Black tends to give ghetto appearance of a steelie.

Silver is going to look like you gots some rimmage.

·
Registered
ej8
32 Posts
I'd say do what you feel is best. It's your car so make it your own. Mod parts the way you want and the way you vision it & if others like it kudos 2 u. If they don't oh well they don't have to drive it

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
998 Posts
Gun metal black or a matte black

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
not gonna lie...this thread is two months old and it took almost a month for the first post....not to mention this guy hasnt signed in in 2 months....anyway...carry-on, as you were

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.