Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a slight knock on the bottom end which i believe is a rod knock. so im gonna use some 600 grit emery cloth and polish the crank and replace the rod bearings. but what color bearing do i use. BTW, i have a jdm d15b vtec. can someone tell me where to find the info on this matter.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i guess i should ask for sure if this is necesary. ok, i have a just slightly noticeable knock sound coming from the bottom end. for some reason its more noticeable when im sitting in my garage or by a wall for the sound to bounce off of the wall. but when i get down and listen to the bottome end, i almost cant hear anything. my dad said it might be something that has to do with the flywheel possibly but im at a loss here. its been doing this since i got the motor put in about 8 months ago, seems better when warmed up. what should i do?

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
Put a screwdriver against your block, roughly center on each cylinder, see which one knocks. It should be more than obvious which one it is, and if it is definately rod knock.

Or just pull your bottom end apart real quick and check your engine bearings. Drain your oil, take off your main and undo your rod bolts, tap them apart and inspect the bearings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts