Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a coil over setup/brand that someone hands down recommends for an EG. I don't want a rough ride anymore lol
I want coil-overs so I can adjust the height;not regular springs/shock setup.
Any Suggestions? :3dtard:

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
yeah, its called the fucking search button. bet you money it says gc and ky.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Oh god this guy again.... really whats the point in wanting to be able to adjust it? You need an alignment every time you adjust

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Ill play. Just cause its early and Im feelin nice.

Koni yellows with GC coil overs.

/thread

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh god this guy again.... really whats the point in wanting to be able to adjust it? You need an alignment every time you adjust
Thanks for the positive input; as always you are a big help and contribution to these forums. :poke:

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
as always you just dont get it, if your tired of a shitty ride i would suggest to go with a spring rate at or close to stock. shitty ride quality comes from lowering a car so you might as well raise it back up if you cant handle it since its probably dumped on ebay coil sleeve.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Which spring rate do you guys have/recommend I know the OEM is 350F/250R.
Really :3dtard: ... my tein basics were softer than that. Pretty sure stock civic spring rates are waaayyyyy lower. Closer to like 160-180f and 80ish rear.

96 - 00 civic is 165F/80R
99- 00 Civic SI is 201F/99R

Can't imagine they'd be that big of a difference between generations.

Hell that's stiffer than OEM ITR suspension.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Which spring rate do you guys have/recommend I know the OEM is 350F/250R.
Not even close

Thanks for the positive input; as always you are a big help and contribution to these forums. :poke:
Blu3 is correct. Why aren't you listening to him?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I read it thanks. Now that thread got me thinking about getting the PROGRESS CS2 Coil-overs with 350F/350R. Read that with the KONI/GC setup you cant adjust the height so all 4 corners can be exactly the same. Don't want my car looking all lopsided.

Has anyone had any experience with these?

htt
p://www.progressauto.com/products/sfID1/133/sfID2/34/sfID3/35/productID/779

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
I read it thanks. Now that thread got me thinking about getting the PROGRESS CS2 Coil-overs with 350F/350R. Read that with the KONI/GC setup you cant adjust the height so all 4 corners can be exactly the same. Don't want my car looking all lopsided.

Has anyone had any experience with these?

htt
p://www.progressauto.com/products/sfID1/133/sfID2/34/sfID3/35/productID/779
You can adjust height... You just can't set any pre-load really.

Plus having them adjustable or not, won't make the car sit awkwardly...

Progress is going to net you the same as the koni's w/o adjustable dampening. Which is usually better if you don't know what you're doing really.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts