Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a rc rod/vitara piston build, hoping to make around 300 hp when all is said and done. Found a site with a killer deal on competition clutches as a black Friday sale. Now I'm not sure if I should get a stage 2 or stage 3, and I'm going with competition no matter what. Have had good luck with their clutches before. The car is a daily driver, so the stage 2 would be a lot better since I do deal with heavy traffic. But would the stage 2 be able to hold the power? The stage 3 6 puck would hold the power, but daily driving it would suck. Yes i know you have to relearn the clutch and it's fine to dd, but if I don't need it I won't get it. Opinions?

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
i personally loved my sprung stage 5 comp clutch. bought it for my 300whp setup. and had it for my last serup which made 475whp. and never slipped.
pm greg at go-autoworks. he has the best deals!

and i DD'd my car with the stg 5 also.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I run a stage 4 comp 6 puck sprung with 375whp. I hate it, it isn't as aggressive as i would like. It doesn't slip at all, but I prefer that on/off engagement. For your setup I greatly recommend a clutch masters stage 3. I'm going back to a CM 4 once this competition is toast.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
4,402 Posts
I run a stage 4 unsprung 6phuck on a DD and I'm pleased with it. Slight learning curve to get it to not wheel hop or burn the tires but it's doable:

Go with the highest rated clutch in your budget so you'll have room to grow later

·
Registered
104 Posts
what every u do dont get the cc stage 2 i have a stock block d16z6 and i have had it slip at 13psi on a chines t3/t4 very unhappy for the money and when i called them they just kept say no it should hold!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.